Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Will drinking raw eggs make me stronger?

I go to the gym most days, so would the stuff in raw eggs make my muscles grow faster and also improve my immune system without making me totally sick.

Favorite Answer

no, and research shows that cooking the egg actually helps your body absorb the protein in it. eat only the egg whites to cut down on the cholestoral

Drinking eggs doesn't make you stronger, but it does help if you couple it with muscle building exercises. The reason for this is that the egg white is full of protein. It is better to drink the egg raw (if you can stomach the taste) as when the egg is cooked it denatures the protein, hence why it turns white, making it harder for protease to "break down" the proteins in to amino acids. Drinking the eggs raw stops the protein from being denatured by cooking, so more protein is "broken down" in to amino acids which are then rearranged into a different type of protein depending on what it is needed for. In your case it will be needed to build muscle tissue. So the more protein the more tissue is created. So that is how drinking raw eggs helps build muscles, but remember that eggs may contain salmonella enteritis (which ironically can cause muscle weakness) so take care if you plan on drinking raw eggs.

You know eating eggs would give you the same amount of protein you don't have to be all "macho" or whatever and drink raw "salmonella" eggs to get the nutrients that you would just from simply eating an egg.

I knew a Persian guy once, He ate 4 raw eggs each morning. He said he could fancy it up but he has done it all his life.

His grandfather was 109.

Sounds like it will at least make you older.

immune Now look up salmonella

Eggs have protein whether they are raw or cooked. Eating more eggs will help build muscle but don't overdo it. They can make you sick.

Yeah you could build muscle. But is it worth risking your life? Some eggs contain Salmonella which could make you really sick (and possibly kill you). Stick to protein shakes. They are much safer.

Raw eggswill not make your muscles or immune system stronger.

It will increase your chances to contract Salmonella and other diseases.

Did you ever tested out Eating for Energy (120 raw food diet recipes) procedure? Visit at this place : http://StayEatingRaw.com/Info . This will probably save yourself!

I wouldn't necessarily make you stronger, but it certainly increases your protein intake.

Yo Adrian....Nope. That's just protien and a good way to gross out your sister.