Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Simplified definition of a plant patent?

Can anyone give me a simplified defintion of a plant patent? I don't understand the legal defintion. Please help me please?

I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER! PLEASE!!?? I CAN"T FIND ANYTHING ON GOOGLE:(PLEASE ANSWER MEE????

• twim
    Favorite Answer

a plant patent is given when a scientist or someone discovers a new type of plant, either by crossbreeding or genetic engineering, etc. it's exactly what it sounds like: it's a patent on a plant. it means that no one else can grow that type of plant without the patent holder's permission.

i was able to find a site for you to find more about it:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/plant/#1

hope this helps you and good luck!