Ethical question about a puppy adoption.?

Okay, so I adopted a puppy and I can't keep her. I would loooooooooooooove to find her a good home, and I think I have... but as I was reading the contract I actually have to return her to the shelter.... The shelter is no-kill... but I can't see myself taking her back there.................. She wasn't... show more Okay, so I adopted a puppy and I can't keep her. I would loooooooooooooove to find her a good home, and I think I have... but as I was reading the contract I actually have to return her to the shelter.... The shelter is no-kill... but I can't see myself taking her back there.................. She wasn't microchipped... but still... I'm torn.
Update: But even though I have taken care of the puppy very well, I'm afraid they'll "judge" me for bringing her back only after a week..........