Ladies would you date an Asian man because...?

I recently read a survey study. According to the study, for Asian men to be equally successful with American women, they need to make at least an extra $247,000 compared to white men. Why is that? Asian men already tend to make higher wages on average. They have a better success with marriage or a lower divorce... show more I recently read a survey study. According to the study, for Asian men to be equally successful with American women, they need to make at least an extra $247,000 compared to white men.

Why is that? Asian men already tend to make higher wages on average. They have a better success with marriage or a lower divorce rate. Why do we have to make so much money based on skin color?

Do American women care that much about social status?

Here's the reference:
http://www.chicagogsb.edu/magazine/29/3/facultydigest/facultydigest2.aspx
Update: For by girlygrl... I think he's nuts for turning you down.
Update 2: I'm curious why and how American women perceive Asian men. I do like my Asian sistas too.