slaves in lebanon?

just been watching about young sri lankon mums, desperate for money to feed their child, go to work in lebanon, in families, basically as slaves, working from crack of dawn, til late at night , for pitance,are arabs so racist?

• GL
    Favorite Answer

My Dad is actually from Lebanon, and YES they are some of the most racist people in the world. My Dad is probably one of the most logical and smart people I know. However, he refers to black people with an Arab word "Abdeh" or "Abeed" which basically means slave in English. I asked him why he would call them such a name, and he actually responded with "because that is what they are". I think that is probably one of the only things I don't respect about my Dad, otherwise he is a pretty good guy. Arabs are racist, but they would never be directly racist. They are more "behind your back" racists.

theres black people there?