Ancient Palestine or Israel?

Which is true? Capernaum is a city of ancient Palestine or Israel? Who claims this area ? Who lives there? As I was studying my Bible today a scripture was brought to my attention which makes me wonder about this area. This is what my computer dictionary states about Capernaum… Capernaum -city of... show more Which is true? Capernaum is a city of ancient Palestine or Israel?

Who claims this area ? Who lives there?

As I was studying my Bible today a scripture was brought to my attention which makes me wonder about this area.

This is what my computer dictionary states about Capernaum…

Capernaum -city of ancient Palestine, situated on the northwestern shore of the Sea of Galilee

Encyclopedia…

Douai Capharnaum , modern Kefar Nahum ancient city on the northwestern shore of the Sea of Galilee, Israel. It was Jesus' second home and, during the period of his life, a garrison town, an administrative centre, and a customs station. Jesus chose his disciples Peter, Andrew, and Matthew from Capernaum and performed many of his miracles there. The long dispute over Kefar Nahum's identification with Capernaum…

Capernaum is an ancient fishing village on the north shore of the Sea of Galilee in Israel. It is home to a celebrated Byzantine-era synagogue as well as the house where J
Update: Who lives there today, Palestinians or Jewish people? Who controls this area?
Update 2: ********************* Maya - Jesus taught how, when, where and to whom we pray and worship. I believe He was God manifested in the name of Jesus. He told the people their religious leaders were hypocrites, the religious leaders proved it…read Matthew 26:57-64 ...they found Him guilty without a trial, they beat... show more *********************
Maya - Jesus taught how, when, where and to whom we pray and worship. I believe He was God manifested in the name of Jesus. He told the people their religious leaders were hypocrites, the religious leaders proved it…read Matthew 26:57-64 ...they found Him guilty without a trial, they beat Him and the high priest rent his clothing….all against the law. The religious leaders enforced the law, but didn’t live by it. He wasn’t just another man claiming to be the son of God, in His words and actions He shows us who He is. Read Matthew 1.…When you deny Christ …you deny God.
Update 3: **************** americaa - I pray for Israel and peace there too. I know God gave that land to the Israelites, but my interest is in who is claiming it. There is a reason I wanted to know about this specific area. I feel bad for all who are suffering, but the fact is….it’s not as much about the land as it is... show more ****************
americaa - I pray for Israel and peace there too. I know God gave that land to the Israelites, but my interest is in who is claiming it. There is a reason I wanted to know about this specific area. I feel bad for all who are suffering, but the fact is….it’s not as much about the land as it is about the annihilation of a people. If you study as I do, then you know how peace will come about in Israel, and you know what comes along with it.
Update 4: *************** Me - Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Israel has been around and named by God …you need to go further back in history. You can not study the Torah or Bible for very long and... show more ***************

Me - Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Israel has been around and named by God …you need to go further back in history. You can not study the Torah or Bible for very long and not know how important Israel is to God. You look only at the land and the statehood…but there is much more to Israel than land and statehood.
Update 5: ***************

Is it controlled by Jewish, Palestinian or Christians who have made it a tourist area?

***************
Update 6: Thank you all so much for your impute. I love history and when studying the Bible is very important, but what I’m studying deals with the future.