tandragon2004 asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

sore legs and feet after running?

so I started to run everyday now, and the first day I ran about 2 miles and a half, I did my stretchs and everything but when i woke up in the morning my legs hurt as hell, is it normal?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It is absolutely normal my friend, it just that you haven't run in a while. Your legs will continue to sore for about a week, just run like normal and stretch a lot and in about a week you should feel normal again, may be even feel better. Just don't take to hard if you feel your body can't handle it, you can seriously injure yourself

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it is, because your body muscle isn't use to such intensive work out, and suddenly you are pushing a 2 mile jog. Is going to hurt a little for a new days. Once you get use to it, you won't feel a thing.

Stay healthy :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah, this is definitely normal. it just means that you're working your body hard, which is a good thing. cooling down and stretching AFTER you run is a good idea too. also, if you get shin splints (they hurt so bad) or sore ankles, ice will be your best friend.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is normal...I am a marathoner...What really helps me and is very inportant is to stretch even more thouroughly after you run...Then soak in the bathtub with water as hot as you can stand...You will feel loose in the morning I promise!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

• 1 decade ago

yes sir. i just got back into it and my legs are killing me. what i do is go every other day till the bad burn stops then work up to every day with not excruciatingly long runs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, after you start to run more you will be able to run without the after pain :)

• 1 decade ago

yes, it's completely normal. your body is getting used to the excerise.

• 1 decade ago

yes until it gets used to your new routine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

get used to it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.