Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who are the Amish voting for?

Obama or Clinton in the forthcoming PA primary?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • John r
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I'm not sure that they vote. They follow St Paul's admonition to "not be a part of the the world". I think they take it to far, but that's their right. There's a lot to admire about them.

Anyway if they do vote I can't see them voting for either Obama or Clinton. I doubt if they vote for McCain either.

• 1 decade ago

I do not believe that they vote. They have their own society with their own set of rules and laws. There are large numbers of Amish in Iowa, Wisconsin, and many other states as well. Because of their refusal to connect with the rest of the country and their having virtually no access to media or other ways to help them make an informed decision, it would be very difficult for them to make an informed decision on he candidates. They most likely would not be willing to vote using the computers where they are used either.

• 3 years ago

to those that say the Amish do no longer vote, your incorrect. I stay in a community that has many Amish human beings and observed numerous at my polling place the day previous, as I even have in years previous. some could elect to no longer vote basically comparable to many non-Amish human beings elect to no longer vote. yet their is not any "rule" prohibiting them from vote casting. there's a regularly occurring false impression that with the aid of fact the Amish do no longer use many present day conveniences of their residences that they do no longer choose to apply them in public places. that's additionally fake. They use digital vote casting machines, experience in elevators, experience in automobiles (do notcontinual them nonetheless), save at Walmart, consume at Mcdonalds, etc, etc...

• 1 decade ago

The Amish do vote. It is not often but they do and usally side with the Republicans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Clinton.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Amish live in their own society. They do not vote.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Amish will vote for McCain only!

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ron Paul, as I understand it.

Hold on a mo, I'll get links.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019...

And here is a visual, in the last half of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Z09yNPRDk

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 decade ago

I am not sure, and yes, many of them do vote

• maxmom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Do they vote? I am not sure they do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.