Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

why do people hate on the chair force?

woops i mean, the air force

no im in the AF dep, its just that i see people making fun of the air force, why?

so there is no honor in being in the air force then?

• JEM
    Favorite Answer

The only time I come across people hating on the AF is when I'm on YA (BLASTER is a perfect example) or when I was deployed.

It's just rivalry...not really hate.

It has been proven time and time again that the AF does have the best "quality of life" compared to the other branches....and there are a lot of people in other branches that just don't know anything about the AF and base their judgements on what someone before them has said. Just ignorance....sad but true.

AF folks don't think they are better than any other branch but we do think we have a better QUALITY OF LIFE....there's a difference.

As for all those poster's that said we get better benefits than any other branch??? Prove it. We all get paid the same, we all have TriCare, we all get the GI Bill (if we sign-up for it), we all get base housing/dorms....what "better" benefits are y'all talking about??? From my understanding the Army has the best enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses...the AF harldy gives those out and if they do they're nowhere near the thousands that the Army hands out.

AF food isn't any better than any other branch, the difference is that we call our place of chow a dining facility and they call their's a mess or chow hall. We have civilians feeding us for the most part and they have their own.

Source(s): Did my time in the AF (97-07) Disabled/Iraq Vet ADAF Wife

I know that I don't hate on the other branches, but a lot of them don't have a clue what the Air Force actually does. Of course I don't know most of what the other branches do either.

Also jeligula, I do work aircraft maintenance (a crew chief to be exact) and there is no way the major or anyone else getting any cargo off the plane on his say so. esp if he is trying it on an air base. It doesn't work that way. He would only get the stuff he ordered and nothing else no matter what he tried to do.

Source(s): AD AF 1998 to present

Its just branch rivalry. DEPpers are the worst. The think they're already in and talk trash. I'm a Marine and don't mind them(the AF). Its not about brains. I got a 97 on the ASVAB... hell there are guys who get 99s in the marine corps. As far as quality of life, I'm a single E-3 and have my own room...cable, internet, fridge. I share a bathroom and kitchen with another Marine but I'm not complaining.

The choice of branch is personal preference. Air Force doesn't have the long deployments if thats your thing. They have bombers that fly from Texas to Iraq and back without touching down, which is badass.

Philly - if you get rid of the AF how do you suppose the Army, Marines and Navy would get there stuff anywhere? Swim, by 6 month boat trip and then camel across the sand? DH figured out that for every 5 sorte he successfully sent out on a heavy he was eliminating the need for two convoys. Which would you want to be on: the plane with your cargo or in the truck?

AF personnel understand that leadership does look out for them and that intergrating family in daily living is important to the mission. they understand the concept that Airmen aren't just warfighting machines and have a life that needs to be addressed. As far as deploying, they have a regular deployment schedule as well as additional deployments. My DH has been deployed 5 times each for longer than 90 days (longest 9 months) since 9/11, all to the sandbox. I would bet that there are Army/Navy/Marine positions that don't deploy. What the public fails to realize is that Airman stationed at overseas bases are all ready directly supporting the war effort.

the aircrafts my DH works on were build before my parents were married. His dad used to work on them too. So it's not that we want new fancy jets. If you want to talk about new stuff, look how many new ships have been projected or built. USS NY is the latest, built with steel from the World Trade Ctr.

I didn't use to "hate on AF " until I met an ex-AF wife, who divorced her "chairforce hubby" and later married an army man. She kept on complaining about her current husband (army soldier) coming home late & working lots of hours cuz "airforce never did backwards stuff like that". It was sickening.

One day after hearing a bunch of her complaints about the army, (army housing, the hours her husband worked; constant deploying; etc), I let her have it.

"The reason your ex was home all the time was cuz the Air Force DOESNT DO ANYTHING!!".

She thought about it... changed her attitude (at least around me). We're ok about the whole thing now. But when you constantly hear bragging about their cushy jobs, short work hours, etc you fight back.

So air force people like to brag about their cushy lifestyles... well..ok.

But, busting your butt for something you believe in is something to be proud of and brag about as well!!

Source(s): Proud army wife (I don't hate the AF-just get irritated by the bragging)

I think it is that perceived notion that they have it easier than all the rest and think they are better because of it. A few of my buddies and I (Marines) would go to Kadena AFB on Okinawa to eat at their chow hall, because it was thought that they had better chow. Turns out that the Marine Major in charge of procurement was meeting the planes with the food on it and taking the best for our chow hall on Camp Foster before anybody else could. We worked with his wife and he wanted to keep her happy by keeping us happy. Or something like that. But the end result was that we had better chow at our facility. Chair Force! Freudian slip, methinks.

Source(s): P.S. Good answer, Dillon.

This has nothing to do with the individual airmen and pilots, but the Air Force's leaderhship is always pushing for some super expensive new jet we don't need (and trying to discontinue those planes that actually support the Army and Marines) while the other services that are actually getting killed on a regular basis have to fight to get what they need.

Because Airmen are always talking **** about how there better than people in other services and act like there job is hard. That said, I don't hate on Airmen and there jobs ain't always easy. For example some POG Airmen will talk **** to a Marine Grunt. Also, probably because the general public gets the impression that; USMC=Brawn, USAF=Brain. The way I see it is, everybody's job is important, but that dosen't mean some POG's job is as hard as a Grunt's job.

With typing skills like that, how is it they let you in the Air Force?

Air Force personnel get spoiled compared to other branches and most of the jobs are cushier.