Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why didn't Senator Clinton get Universal Health Coverage passed during Bill Clinton's eight years presidency?

What happened that this initiative didn't past under previous Democratic Presidents?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

because republicans controlled the house AND senate. ther was and is no way these clowns in washington are going to pass anything put forth by the other party. bipartisanship? won't see it in our life times. BOTH parties are interested in the well being of THEIR OWN pockets. not the well being of the american people. and one other thing...clinton was NOT a senator when she was the first lady. she didn't even have the backing of the democrats let alone republicans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hillary Clinton at the time when she was trying to get her health bill passed in Congress, displayed her arrogance, and mind set that it had to become law, as she saw fit. Hillary's arrogant attitude caused a great deal of resentment among both the Democrat and Republican party members, in both the House, and the Senate. I well remember the 'enlivened discussions', that resulted, and her own party members telling her that it would pass, if she would accept some small changes, and 'tone down her self important attitude'.

Now, she has disguised her arrogance, and tries to show a very different personality, however, many of us older Americans remember her well.

• kandel
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i do no longer comprehend how plenty you think of he finished, yet whilst something i could say it became using fact a Republican-controlled Congress became voted in for the 1st time in years - and not with out reason, after see you later. And we are able to thank Clinton's first 2 years in workplace for that. I truthfully remember the disgruntled and only undeniable embarrassed voters, and the "do no longer blame me - I voted for Bush" t-shirts merchandising everywhere. very equivalent to the present sentiment in the direction of the guy interior the White domicile.

• 1 decade ago

Because she wasn't senator then, she was simply the wife of the president. Her driving of that concept offended an awful lot of people, simply because no one NO ONE voted for Hillary for anything and she wasn,t nominated for anything by the president (and vetted by the senate as per law). Basically, she was just some random person using a family connection to drive a political agenda, at least on the face of it.

Circumventing the law, as per her usual practice. As far as I can see, she thinks that the rules do not apply to her, she is special.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, she first invested stock in the Health Coverage industry. Then they both tried to push it down our throats. What do you think is going to happen if and a big if she makes it to the White House?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the House and Senate both where republican at that time---she learned from that--because this time around she said that she will take the health care coverage from members of congress if they do not want to pass her bill......I had watched the entire thing back then---they put the woman through the wringer and back....so let's hope that this time around it'll be easier.....

• 1 decade ago

for one thing .back in the day people could afford ins. the only ones who couldnt was the welfare people who wouldnt get off their buts and go to work .we had jobs . and money bush almost detroyed this country .and obama if he wins will finish the job

• 1 decade ago

Because Congress will never let it happen. You have to love the voice of the people.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Because after 1995 congress was controlled by Republicans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it wont pass ever under any president...nobody actually wants this except the poor who have no say anyway seeing as they dont contribute to anything but having more kids

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.