? asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

唔該幫我check下呢一篇cover letter!

Dear Sir

Application for the position of sales and marketing junior

I would like to apply the position of sales and marketing Executive as advertised in the http://www.careertimes.com.hk

CT: 3015129-01#04

Posted on 03/03/2008

I am graduated from Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education in June, 2007. I am awarded a Diploma in sales and marketing. I have taken subjects such as International Marketing Management, Sales & Relationship Management, Marketing Communication and Distribution in China, Marketing Planning, Business management, Quantitative Techniques …….etc.

Moreover to my qualifications, I have some part time working experience. In last summer, I am working for Joint Publishing as a summer sale where I was responsible to a cashier and sales assistants. However, I have been working for Jusco of KornHill as a part time sale where I was responsible customer service representative. I have attached a copy of my resume which gives details of my educational background and qualifications for your reference.

I have a lot of initiative and I am also a work hard person. I am very interest in sales and marketing and I hope to work in a related field. I have little work experiments in this field but I can learn fast.

At last, I have enclosed my resume for you reference and I am confidence that I can success this position, give the opportunity. I would be happy to attend to an interview at your convenience. I look forward to hear from you.

Yours sincerely

Brian Lai

Encl

Rating
  • Favorite Answer

Dear Sir/Madam,

CT: 3015129-01#04

Posted on 03/03/2008

I am a diploma student who graduated from Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education in Sales and Marketing. I have taken many subjects which are related to this position such as International Marketing Management, Sales & Relationship Management, Marketing Communication and Distribution in China, Marketing Planning and so on. (其實只要寫一兩科同你現應徵職位有相關的科目便行了,不用列出太多科目出來。)

Besides to my qualification, I have gained some part-time working experiences. Last summer, I worked in Joint Publishing Limited Company as a summer salesperson. My daily duty is going to handle the cash register and assist sales performance. Furthermore, I have been working for Jusco of KornHill for xxx years/months(代表時間)as a part-time customer service representative.

I am a aggressive and diligent person. I am very interested in sales and marketing field. I am eager to learn and work in a related field. Althought I just have a little working experience in this field, I am a quick learner.

I have enclosed my resume for you reference. I am confident that I can handle this position. It would be appreciated if you can provide me a time to attend an interview at any time. I look forward to hearing from your good news soon.

Yours sincerely

Brian Lai

Encl

Source(s): 自己,改得唔好請原諒
  • Frank

I suggest that the cover letter no need to write so long as an essay. It only simply introduce yourself and describe what's your purposes. The CV should be more detail.

• ma

首先,你是寫應徵信,收信人並不知道你是誰。若你一開始便一直以「I」來稱呼自己,你就給收信人一個很自大的感覺,因為你要他人留待到信的最後才知道原來你叫做Brian。這樣,印象分就扣了很多。

因為你已經附上了履歷表,所以你不用去多寫你唸過甚麼學科。若你要提,你可以提及一兩科成績優異而又跟職位有相關的科目,那樣可以讓招聘者對你有多點兒認識。

若果你申請的職位需要用英文,你就要多作準備。如果你的cover letter寫得太好,而在面試時你說的英文跟寫的差了一截,那樣對你的機會也有負面影響。

文法上的錯誤:

* I am graduated - 畢業是主動的動作,也是過去發生的事情,所以要寫成I graduated。

* I am awarded 也有同樣的問題,award是被動,該寫成I was awarded。

* I have taken 這也是過去的事情,要寫成I took。

* In last summer, I am working... 這也是過去了,沒有必要強調進行的動態,所以寫成Last summer, I worked...便可以了。

* I was responsible... 之後要接for,並要說你的工作內容,而非職位或銜頭。

* Initiative 是個可數字,所以a lot of之後便要加s,寫成initiatives。

* Work hard person可能是中文直譯了,用英文寫,要把動詞寫成-ing,把副詞調在-ing前,並轉成成容詞:hard-working person。(She talks smoothly > She is a smooth-talking person. John looks handsome > John is a handsome-looking person.)

* I have an interest in... 或者 I am interested in...,而非I am interest...。

* Work experiments 該是 work experience吧。

* I look forward to之後接名詞,所以是hearing from you,而非hear...。

2008-03-07 12:14:25 補充:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Application for the position of sales and marketing executive, CT: 3015129-01#04

My name is Brian Lai, and I am writing to apply for the position of sales and marketing executive as advertised at http://www.careertimes.com.hk on March 3, 2008.

2008-03-07 12:16:06 補充:

I graduated from the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education in June 2007 with a Diploma in sales and marketing. My core coursework included (name a few important subjects and then elaborate on what you have learned).

2008-03-07 12:16:35 補充:

My work experience has been in the area of sales. Last summer, I worked at Joint Publishing as a cashier and sales assistant. (Explain what you learned there.) Since then, I have been a part-time sales associate at Jusco in KornHill. (Explain what you do at Jusco.)

2008-03-07 12:16:44 補充:

(Demonstrate that you work hard, take initiatives and how you demonstrate interests in sales and marketing. Actions are much stronger than words.)

2008-03-07 12:16:57 補充:

(I have little work experiments in this field but I can learn fast. -- Don't ever say this: you are highlighting your weakness!)

I look forward to the opportunity of interviewing at your company. Please contact me at (phone number) or (email address).

Yours sincerely,

Brian Lai

Application for the post of Ssales and Marketing Junior

I would like to apply for the post of Sales and Marketing (Executive/Junior?) as advertised in http://www.careertimes.com.hk

CT: 3015129-01#04

Posted on 03/03/2008

I was graduated from Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education in June, 2007. I was awarded a Diploma in Sales and Marketing. I have taken the following subjects : International Marketing Management, Sales & Relationship Management, Marketing Communication and Distribution in China, Marketing Planning, Business management, Quantitative Techniques …….etc.

Regarding my working experience, I worked as a "Summer Sales Asssitant" in the Joint Publishing last summer. I was responsible for manning the cashier counter. Sometimes I worked as Sales Asssitant also. Besides, I also worked as a partime Sales Assistant in the Jusco Department Store ( KornHill) (please quote the period of your service here).

I am an initiative and hard working person. I am very interested in sales and marketing job. Though I have little working experiments in this field but I am a fast learner. I am confident I have good performance.

I enclosed my resume for you reference and I am glad to attend an interview at any time convenient to you. I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Brian Lai

Encl

Source(s): own knowledge