What is the quickest way to learn Mandarine (Chinese spoken language) within 3 months?

I need to learn mandarine quickly for my business trip to China in June. I am based in Melbourne. Can someone tell me what is the quickest way to learn Mandarine within 3 months?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

marry a Chinese girl, three months? good luck

chinesepod.com

pimsluer - http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkmpgpM9HtW...

rosetta stone - http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkmVvpM9H.w...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3 month is a little tight, but if you spend 2-3 hours a day you can get something.

Start with audio only courser, I suggest:

Michel Thomas - Foundation Mandarin (8 CDs)

Pimsleur - Mandarin I, II + III

Do both at the same time. Then listen to some Madarin on the radio, or on Youtube.

ChinesePod.com is also not too bad.

I guess you are not interested in Characters - never mind, do them anyway! Not to use them, that would take more time, but to have one more link that helps you to remember. Some people go as as far saying, learning Mandarin with the Characters is easier.

A very good book (if not THE very best) is "Learning Chinese Characters" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080483816X

It teaches you in a way that helps remembering by using both, R + L brain. It teaches the 800 Characters of HSK 1

The BIG problem with Mandarin is that it has only about 400 different sounds. So to a foreigner everything sounds similar, that makes it much harder to remember it. Otherwise the language is very simple and maybe the easiest I can think of.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To learn Mandarin within three months would be impossible. If you need to learn it for a business trip, I would imagine that you will only really have a couple of hours a night and most weekends, so a "total immersion course" would be out of the question.

It really isn't enough time, so I would suggest just learning the basics and remember that a little Mandarin can go a long way. You will need a translator, so find out if your company or the company you are visiting have one. If you are an entrepreneur......I would suggest finding a translator from a large reputable company.

Hope it helps

• 4 years ago

It depends why you want to learn it, and what country you live in. If you live in America, it's best to learn either Spanish or Chinese, since those groups are populating America now (at least where I live; there are a lot of hispanics and chinese people). Or something more exotic like French. Spanish is really simple to learn, that's why they install a Spanish class in most schools. If you just want to learn another language for fun, I'd recommend Spanish, as it is very useful if you are in America and also really easy to learn! Hope you find what you need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

If you determined in finding out to communicate Chinese then you should now that the greatest choice is a Program for Mandarin.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a native Chinese. If you need help,I think I could help you. Or I can introduce some university students to you to help you learn Chinese well.

To be honest ,3 month is to short for learm Mandarine well.If you need a bussiness tour guide on June, I also can help you~

Pls contact with me:

Email and MSN: icesun1984@yahoo.com.cn

Name:Ice Song

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I suggest you check this website http://www.hellomandarin.com/ There, not only you can you download audio books with accompanying texts, but also you will be able to learn Chinese face to face with Beijing teachers and practice with volunteers, which makes it easier and faster to learn Chinese. I hope you make progress everyday in learn Chinese.

• 1 decade ago

A Mandarine is a small orange type fruit.

Mandarin is a language.

And you're a businessman?

I'm sure you will make a great impression in China !! lol

• 1 decade ago

learning online wont help i think coz the span of time is too short.,if you want to learn basic one.,i cna help you..,lets talk using skype or YM.,anyway.,i didnt studny chinese i live with it..i once lived with a chinese family so i learned it..anyway.,there are also some chinese people around practice it.,.,

if i may help you or you need my help send message to me!!!!!

pleasure to help

Source(s): :)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do intensive courses and practice it everyday.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.