Can someone explain the two separate letters I received for a debt collection?

I am going through a divorce after being a stay at home mom/student, and I have no income of my own except for student loans. My student loans were a total mess this semester, and I have had a total of $5 in my bank account for the last 2 months, so of course I have not been able to pay my bills. I received a... show more I am going through a divorce after being a stay at home mom/student, and I have no income of my own except for student loans. My student loans were a total mess this semester, and I have had a total of $5 in my bank account for the last 2 months, so of course I have not been able to pay my bills.

I received a letter from a debt collection agency Saturday, but then received a letter from a different lawyer today both trying to collect the same debt. I still only have $5 in my checking account (which should hopefully change this week), but there is no way I can afford the entire amount unless I live on about $100 per month for about 6 months. ( have tried to find a job, btw, but I moved to a large college town at mid-semester, so there is nothing open. I even talked to a career counselor who said it would be pretty impossible and to just wait until at LEAST summer, but fall is better).

Anyways, what should I do as I know I do not have to pay both of them?