Why do people say "Answer my question, 10 points for the best answer!!"?

...when everyone knows you get 10 points for a best answer?

Best Answer

I figured it was mostly young scamps that would type this in then turn to each other with blank faces and say, "Now . . . What should we ask about? I was going to venture that as a guess, then I did an answers search. There are 59,852 questions with this proclamation. Some of the questions concern higher math, literature and of course postulations on the meaning of life. That ruined my second theory. So I moved on to the possibility of an error in your declaration that everyone knows you get 10 points. You happen to be quite close. There is a faction of answer fans who's diet consists almost entirely of green Jello that don't know and curiously enough don't care. There numbers are few and certainly don't account for the nearly 60 thousand question. I have a third hypothesis to push onto the table. That there are simply a lot of not so bright folks out there that may think the rest of us are are not so bright either.

• Cynder

They aren't reminding anyone that best answer is 10 points they are saying you will get 10 points if they like your answer best....In other words...it's a way to lure people into answering their questions.

All I seen was "Answer my question, 10 points" and I clicked on it, to get attention to their question and get more answers by implying their question will be resolved quickly. I thumbs up every answer I get, should I advertise 11 pts for best answer?

Because not everyone always chooses a best answer... so they are saying that if you take time to answer their question- they will take the time to choose a best answer. I know I always forget to choose the best answer!

who knows??

they want people to click on their questions and answer their question

bcz they might think they get the 10 points or whatever

They write infomercials for a living.

omg! i was just thinking that!

it's like no duh-every best answer gets 10 pts.

it's not like yours is special...

They do it to try and stand out.

Advertising.

Just like pretzels on the bag it states that they are fat free...

Um no kidding. But they put it on the bag anyway.

I have no idea.

But you know, the ones whom typically say that are the ones that are new to Y!A and think that its amazing.

ya but they say the best answer which seems to draw more ppl in.