Do Dragons have Claws or Talons?

So we had a really long debate in biology today...so do dragons(the mystical fire breathing flying kind) have claws...or talons?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

claws and talons. their front "feet" are talons and their back "feet" are claws.

• 1 decade ago

I think that animals that have claws are normally cats, dogs, or their families. Lizards also have claws.

To me, birds have talons. If a dragon is half bird and half lizard, then I'm not really sure...

If I had to pick one, I would say talons.

• DRAGON
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it depends on the shape of the "blade shaped putrusions on theire fee/hands/paws.

if it is a flying dragon (like the one in my avatar) it most likly has talons. if it is a grouwnded dragon (like the long snake-like chines ones) then they most likly have claws.

sorry I don'[t know the exact terminology for claws and talons. but if you looke at an eagle's feet compaired to a tiger's, you will see what I'm trying to get at.

• 1 decade ago

There is no either/or answer here. Dragons are as varied as the cultures that fear or relish them. Plus you have to keep in mind the type of dragon and it's way of living. There would be no sense to have a water dragon or serpent to have either when 90 % of their lives are lived in water. A claw is mostly used for cat-like dragons that live mostly on land either in forests or even mountains. Talons are more of corse a bird's or hawk's weapon used to fetch up pray thus the dragon of the winged sort would end up having those. And then you have the mixed claw/talon kind who are as versitile as the habitats they live in.

If you're looking for folklore and mythology, Japanese & Chinese picture dragons with talons either 3 or 4 toes. The Western/European would then have their dragons with claws.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Determines the culture, the country, or local mythology or religion. Chinese Dragons would have talons, becuase they possess the feet of an eagle. European Dragons would have claws.

• 1 decade ago

Claws.

• 1 decade ago

Dragons have Talons and they are not mythical

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they have an claws but realy i dont know but i think they have claws

• 5 years ago

hey guys look it up in the internet really it's claws

• 1 decade ago

Sure, they would have talons. That's how they scooped up fearful villagers from the field. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.