How do I train my 8 week old beagle puppy to go to the bathroom outside?

Just got her and already she's done #s 1 AND 2 a few times in just a couple of days. I've read in a few different places that a puppy this young doesn't have that much control so how can I possibly train a puppy so young and unknowing? Friends have suggested crate training her. From what I've read... show more Just got her and already she's done #s 1 AND 2 a few times in just a couple of days. I've read in a few different places that a puppy this young doesn't have that much control so how can I possibly train a puppy so young and unknowing? Friends have suggested crate training her. From what I've read about it, it sounds easy enough, but I've also read that puppies this young could go to the bathroom every 2-3 hours! I live in Minnesota and it's freaking 5 degrees(AT BEST) outside this time of the year! Do I want to let her out 2-3 times a night and just stand there, both of us freezing, waiting for her to go when she may not go at all?!
Do you agree with the crate training, or do you have a better suggestion? I want her to be able to be out of the crate(if I go that route) when I'm home but do I have to be ready for her to crap any moment for the entire night? I'd like some of my attention to be devoted to other things elsewhere, hehe. Thanks for any suggestions.