Cubs or White Sox?

Answer away.

Not especially interested in the responses, but damn I'm past tired of seeing "Yankees-Mets" or "Red Sox-Yankees" threads. They're cliched, they're dull, they tend toward attracting stupid responses, and more than anything, they demonstrate the insecurity and/or unwarranted arrogance of the fans of those teams. GET OVER YOURSELVES! Your fandom was a choice, not a genetic incidence of birth.

So, anyway, let's give the Windy City their chance.

Favorite Answer

White Sox all the way. I actually grew up in a time when, if you lived in Chicago most people rooted for the both teams, but still had a special fondness for one or the other. At some point in my life we had to make an "unofficial" choice to pick one or the other. I don't know why but it happened. But I agree, I've had enough about the Yankees and Mets. And I don't know why everyone is counting out the White Sox, They may just surprise some of you.

• Ray

The Cubs. Love old Wrigley Field, been there once in 1991. Now that the Red Sox have broken the Bambino's Curse, it's time for the Cubs to get that "goat" off their backs. In fact, the perfect World Series matchup would be the Cubs and Red Sox in those two old ballpark jewels - I've been to Fenway twice in 1987 & 2003.

Yeah!!! GO CHICAGO!!!! Oh yeah, probably the WHITE SOX!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! I think Chicago is a littel underrated in sports as the "Second City" and the White Sox are the "Second City's, Second Team" because I have to say, in Illinois, there are more Cubs fans than White Sox fans or at least it seems like that where I live!!

I'm with you The Cubs because they haven't won in 100 Years let's give the Northsiders a Chance we know the White Sox won in 2005.

White sox. Not a chicago native, but i prefer them over the Cubs

The White Sox because of Scott Linebrink. He was the fourth or fifth pitcher on our High School baseball team. It was not until college did he grow. Now he has a $19 million contract for four years. That is why I root for the Sox.

Well, I have to say that I have been to Chicago, and went to Wrigley field to see the Cubs and White Sox play...I am partial to the Cubs....(even though I am a Yankee fan)...lol sorry, had to throw that in there, seeing as how fond of Yankee fans you are. :)

Well neither of them will make it to the playoffs if that is what you are asking. The Cubs are better than the Sox though.

• Willie

This is not a fair competition.

The Sox are a respectable organization that has won a world title in the last 5 years.

The Cubs suck!! Their fans are garbage, and their players are the soulless scum of the most wretched places in the earth.

Close one but I will have to go with the SOX

Source(s): I have eyes

White Sox all the way!!! Thanks for asking! The Sox have loyal fans too, it is not just the Cubs.