Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i cant boot up my computer

i found my computer was infected by trojan 'infostealer'. i use norton to clean it.

but it always pops up a window telling me that a virus has been removed and i need to click 'ok' to close the message box. it keeps on coming out and the filename it cleaned it different. I read the removal notes in Norton and do as it told me to do. It advise me to turn to safe mode and scan the drive. So i turn to safe mode and reboot.

when the screen comes out with 5 choices to boot.

safe mode

safe mode with internet

safe mode with comman prompt

last time configuration

start windows normally.

i tried every one but it boots up and go back to the same screen again.

can someone help ?

thanks very much

now the question is i cant boot up my computer.

when i turn it on , it goes to the safe mode screen with the above 5 choices.

i tried every choices. but the computer keeps on going back to the same screen after running for a few minutes.

Rating
    Favorite Answer

If the pointer highlights the "safe mode" words, did you try pressing the upward button on the keyboard to choose "Normal mode".

There is a space between "Normal mode" and "Safe mode", you may be missing the option at the top.

Safe mode and scan again.