exmate asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 decade ago

New York vs. London vs. Paris?

Where would you prefer to live? New York, London or Paris? New York has the energy, London the history but all in all, I prefer Paris. Best cafe lifestyle, best food and wine, best museums and a city you can really walk around.

Sorry, New York doesn't have "history" compared to London and Paris. A few hundred years isn't long enough.

• Best Answer

London - Probably my first choice as it's closer to home and everything I know and is a fanatastic city

New York - Amazing city too, so much to see and do

Paris - Absolutely no way, it's full of French people.

London

i haven't been to new york,so i can't comment,other than to say there seems to be a really eclectic mix there,cuisine and entertainment to suit all cultures.while london has certain attractive traits,(the london eye is fun,harrods is worth checking out,hotel chocolate and l'artisan du chocolat-stunning chocolate on both counts),Paris has the most flair.having said that,it depends on your budget.If i had to live out in the 18th zone in a high-rise,i might not think it was much fun.whereas if i could live in a beautiful apartment on ille st.louis,that would be a different story.if you like exquisite pastries and confections,paris definitely takes the biscuit,with rows and rows of glistening confections on display every morning,along with the smell of freshly baked baguettes and roast coffee.

there's also something incredibly special about hearing a recital in some tiny chapel,followed by a stroll near notre dame.oh and the metro is a bit more spacious than the london tube.hope that helps!

new york is ok but its not exactly a fun place unless you like to shop. london has alot to do and has tons of history. as for paris i have never been there but i would like to go. overall. probably london.

• Jpegg

London.

London, because I'm most familiar with it.

But I'm going to New York tomorrow.

Paris - I love the cafe lifestyle and speaking a foreign language is so thrilling. I live in Melbourne, Australia, but I would love to grow up and move to Paris!

• zafir

All three cities are great in their own way. But for overall ambience, culture, architecture, and lifestyle - I'd have to pick Paris.

definiely definitely london

NY has the best food. I love little Italy.