Should I visit Cambodia, Vietnam, or Laos?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cambodia.

do you want to see the Angkor Wat, the world largest temple in the world ?

do you want to see lot of great temples built by the great kings even the king of Egypt cant effort with secret and complicated plan?

do you want to know how the Ancient Empire started war or made war to control most of those part in Southeast Asia(Khmer Empire)

much more...

if you want to know all these, The best place to visit is Angkor wat temple in Siem Reap. and the beach in Shiahanouk Ville, very natural beach, alot of places to visit but it depend on the time you have, if you want to see the VERY natural mountain or forest it takes you so much time but i can recommend you somewhere like Pailin in Battambang Province(waterfall, Blue Mountain ....), Rattanakiri and Modulkir (waterfall, natural mountain, wildlife....) very very green country.

acutally there is no difficult rule for you to be aware of. The big thing is you have to aware of is accused of being sex with children.

The Hotel rate is cheap, you can find it every where when you reach Phnom Penh, guest house is more cheaper.

everything here is not expensive at all.

people are very nice and their english not bad.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jason
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I have gone to Cambodia and Vietnam before Christmas. Vietnam looks more modern compared to Cambodia but nothing to catch my joy because most things in VN is not really rich in a so-called culture as Cambodia.

Really nice people in both countries..things are cheap..

My recommendation for you is to visit both Cambodia and Vietnam because both are neighboring countries...

You will be totally amazed by Angkor Wat in Cambodia...I live in the U.S. and when I travel, I want to see things not yet so much modernized--sth that evokes a sense of community, sense of nature...so I love Cambodia more...

There are hundreds of temples in Cambodia and the beach there is so beautiful...

Hope this may help

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends what you want. Cambodia is oppressed like the other poster said, and Vietnam is very busy.

But Laos, if you're a laid back person, is great. Vientiane is just north of Thailand, and Vang Vieng is a backpackers heaven, lol. Imagine drifting on a rubber tube on a river for hours just drifting down, drinking beer or happy shakes, lol.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it depends on what you like:

vietnam is bigger and offers more like beautiful beaches, nature, different culture (north and south), different weather, rural and urban, more lively and chaotic, etc. it is becoming more modern that it is losing some of the traditional vietnamese charms.

cambodia and laos are more laidback especially laos. but they offer untouched nature, serenity and untouched culture. cambodia is famous for its ancient history of civilisation. laos more on the undiscovered nature and untouched culture. more rural in than urban in both countries. good places for those want to get away from it all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

i have travelled round thailand on my own and hong kong and macau, no longer done cambodia or vietnam so cant remark. have you ever considered including malaysia to itinery in case your anxious about vacationing on own, alot more effective shelter than some places? yet besides air asia is sweet way of vacationing between borders, very affordable airline, coaches are ok yet favor to keep eye on bags. hong kong intense priced anticipate to pay round £10 in kowloon for a tiny no longer so tremendous fan room, sorry cant bear in mind the call of the construction .... something mansions? its in each and every of the classes because the most inexpensive position to stay. macau is both intense priced for accomodation and bigger sturdy to discover as a lot less people communicate english, i idea mistakenly it replaced right into a cheap determination! besides take excitement in and performance exciting!! incidently would commence in thailand, bangkok you would meet people to go back and forth wth, esp on khao san highway, in basic terms flow for a beer and chat! x

• 1 decade ago

I live in Thailand and have visited all 3 of these countries.

Cambodia feels oppressed.

Vietnam is now becoming expensive and the old colonial architecture is being sacrificed to skyscrapers.

Laos is wonderful and so are the people. Vientiane is well worth a visit.

• 1 decade ago

all of the above. very interesting & beautiful.

• 1 decade ago

NO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.