Why in the hell is my internet running SO DAMN SLOW?!?

Ok, we have DSL internet, and we use routers to have internet from multiple computers. Sometimes before, the internet will just flat out disconnect, until the main modem is restarted. Other time the internet would pause out for a couple minutes. (It would show it's still connected, but wasn't). But now, it... show more Ok, we have DSL internet, and we use routers to have internet from multiple computers. Sometimes before, the internet will just flat out disconnect, until the main modem is restarted. Other time the internet would pause out for a couple minutes. (It would show it's still connected, but wasn't). But now, it was working just fine an hour ago or so. I fell asleep for about 15..20 minutes and got back on my computer and now the internet's going really really slow, like 3 times slower than dial-up. My actual computer is running just fine, but it's my internet that's the problem. What is wrong?
Update: Right now, as I type this, it's going at an OKAY speed. About as slow as dial-up. But nowhere near what it should be. I mean a couple minutes ago, it was literally taking 5 minutes to load one page.