Miranda C asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

do cats eat your face when you die?

• Impska
    Favorite Answer

If they get hungry enough, they will. In the end, the survival instinct will usually over-rule affection - but you can't blame the cats, just think of those people in Alive, eating each other in the Andes after a plane crash.

The safest way to avoid this fate is to make sure someone actually notices that you're dead - don't be a recluse, have friends, keep in contact with family. Cats won't start eating you right away.

I've actually seen some gross pictures - it seems like they start with the lips because it's soft and fleshy.

It depends on their personality and I know which two or possibly three of my seven cats will do this. So, I'll be careful not to die alone and in my house.

yes if you are in a house alone and die and left there for a while you cats will get hungry and eat you/

no i dnt think so i mean usually with cats they are trying to take care of you when your sick

No, but they are very sensitive when you are unwell, and stay on your bed taking care of you, as best they can, if allowed to do so.

According to the GWAR song Licksore, yes.

And they eat your brains.

what a gross concept; mine stays close by when i'm sick. maybe she's waiting for me to die and all along i thought she was caring for me...lol...

yes. i died two days ago and my face has already been fully digested by my cat.

no they don't. Some animals grieve for there owners.

wow...i guess we will find out...holy crap this is funny! lmao