Miranda C asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

do cats eat your face when you die?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Impska
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If they get hungry enough, they will. In the end, the survival instinct will usually over-rule affection - but you can't blame the cats, just think of those people in Alive, eating each other in the Andes after a plane crash.

The safest way to avoid this fate is to make sure someone actually notices that you're dead - don't be a recluse, have friends, keep in contact with family. Cats won't start eating you right away.

I've actually seen some gross pictures - it seems like they start with the lips because it's soft and fleshy.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on their personality and I know which two or possibly three of my seven cats will do this. So, I'll be careful not to die alone and in my house.

• 1 decade ago

yes if you are in a house alone and die and left there for a while you cats will get hungry and eat you/

• 1 decade ago

no i dnt think so i mean usually with cats they are trying to take care of you when your sick

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, but they are very sensitive when you are unwell, and stay on your bed taking care of you, as best they can, if allowed to do so.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

According to the GWAR song Licksore, yes.

And they eat your brains.

• 1 decade ago

what a gross concept; mine stays close by when i'm sick. maybe she's waiting for me to die and all along i thought she was caring for me...lol...

• 1 decade ago

yes. i died two days ago and my face has already been fully digested by my cat.

• 1 decade ago

no they don't. Some animals grieve for there owners.

• 1 decade ago

wow...i guess we will find out...holy crap this is funny! lmao

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.