What are all the territories of the United States?

I just found out Puerto Rico gets to vote in the primaries but not the national election since they are a commonwealth. What are all the other territories or commonwealths that get to vote in the primaries? Are there any that don't vote?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All of the territories are: The District of Colombia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Navassa Island, Wake Island, and the United States Pacific Island Wildlife Refuges (the Midway Islands, Baker Island, Jarvis Island, Howland Island, the Kingman Reef, the Johnston Atoll, and the Palmyra Atoll). Plus the Northern Mariana Islands is a commonwealth in political union with the US. And we have Compact of Free Association with the Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Palau. Most lists I've seen don't seem to include the District of Colombia as a territory, but it's not a state, so I don't know what else it'd be.

The District of Colombia gets to vote in the primaries and the general election. Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and American Samoa get to vote in the primaries, but not the general election. Although some of them might vote in the primaries for one party but not another; I'm not sure. And I think the other territories don't vote in the primaries or the general election, partly because most of them don't have any permanent residents.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Commonwealth isn't a good term to use for the territories of the United States because states call themselves this as well.

The territories of the United States are: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

• 4 years ago

No. Canada is not United States Territory

• 1 decade ago

Current US Territories are: American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Midway Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palu, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Current Us Territories

• 5 years ago

RE:

What are all the territories of the United States?

I just found out Puerto Rico gets to vote in the primaries but not the national election since they are a commonwealth. What are all the other territories or commonwealths that get to vote in the primaries? Are there any that don't vote?

Source(s): territories united states: https://tr.im/6IATnwhat-are-all-the-territories-of...
  • 3 years ago

Us Commonwealths And Territories List

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Purerto Rico also does not participate in US Elections.

* Puerto Rico

* U.S. Virgin Islands

* American Samoa

* Guam

* Northern Mariana Islands

* Minor Outlying Islands

o Baker Island

o Howland Island

o Jarvis Island

o Johnston Atoll

o Midway Islands

o Wake Island (claimed by Marshall Islands)

o Palmyra Atoll

o Kingman Reef

o Navassa Island (claimed by Haiti)

o Serranilla Bank (disputed with Colombia)

o Bajo Nuevo Bank (disputed with Colombia)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

up until the 1960' s i think we had the panama canal, but we dont have it now, i know for a fact guam is a protectorate (we protect them with our military and they dont vote at all) , puerto rico is a common wealth, i dont recall any more

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.