Why do girls usually choose guys who aren't bright, get in trouble, and have no money to support a family with

I don't mean to say that girls are bad at choosing guys at all. It just seems to me that girls go for the guys who are good looking but aren't any of the things I mention above. Also, for this reason, I'd also like to point out that you also answer questions that ask, "What does a girl look for in a guy?" by saying honesty and brains are far more important that looks. Well, according to me, that just seems completely wrong. There are a bunch of girls I know that are going out and thinking of marrying a bunch of idiotic jerks who won't care for her or a possible family they will most likely have.

Now, if I were to line-up 2 men side-by-side, "A" being not bright, a trouble maker, but good looking, next to "B", who is smart, a guy who follows by the rules, and fair looking, most of the girls I know would pick "A".

I don't mean to offend anyone at all. I just am curious as to why you do this. Also, note that I said "MOST", not "ALL".

Thank you very much!

Favorite Answer

i don't know about me

(since i haven't really liked or

fallen in love yet) and sure enough

hope i don't do the same,

but i know plenty of others who do.

I think it might be because the

"trouble-makers" are just a TINY

bit more better

looking than smart, kind, and honest guys.

But the thing is,

they have this personality that is

conceited,

but at the same time full of enough

confidence to pick up a lot of

different types of girls.

but you're also right when you said

it seems completely wrong,

because most of the time their

relationships go nowhere

but downhill after

the first few weeks.

HOWEVER,

i don't think you should worry,

even though you might not.

most of the girls who choose those

guys arent very bright themselves

and are conceited, obnoxious,

and have no idea on what they're missing out on.

You, on the other hand,

fortunately seem like you

know a lot about making right choices,

and probably will have great taste in girls too.

You won't have to deal with that kind of stuff because

i'm sure there will be an awesome

pretty girl that will be just as smart as you are

that you will meet someday.

that does happen sometimes and sometimes not. maybe you're just in an environment where you see alot more of girls with attractive trouble making uninteilligent guys. however just because a guy is attractive & all of the above you state, doesnt mean that they are a bad person. just because someone doesnt have a well paying job or are not that intelligent doesnt mean that they are not good people. maybe thats why the girls choose them. but it really does depend on the person. for instance, i will admit that i am a shallow person and cant get past someone being unattractive though we may connect mentally or w/e but just a few months ago i fell for an unattractive guy and it took me by total surprise. he's intelligent and has a good job and never gets in trouble and mascarades as a nice guy but is really a giant jerk. so you see, you can't just group it together that most girls usually choose guys who aren't bright, get in trouble, and have no money to support a family with because it all really does depend on the person.

Source(s): life.

I don't agree. At least, not in the way you put it. The first thing that attracts us to others is always looks. But then you get to know the person, and you start to like them. Money, and brains and all that means nothing when you've fallen for someone. and keep in mind, not every relationship leads somewhere huge, no need to be thinking about whether or not a guy can support a family. That's a little ridiculous.

yeah to be honest most would... that's cuz people in general don;t knwo what's good for them... most guys would pick a blonde with huge boobs and no brains as opposed to a flat chested girl next door (and I don;t mean the sexualized girl next door) type with brains.. why? probably cuz just attraction period ... our primal instincts tell us to look for someone who we can reproduce with however our primal instincts aren;t necessarily caring about the future beyond that nor a mortgage...

Also it has to do with age... As I have grown I have realized to REALLY and I mean really appreciate a man's intellect, sense of humor etc and then everything else falls into place I am not saying I don;t look at a certain chemistry or attraction but yeah..

it's a complicated question with NO one simple answer..but do know that there's hope..not all of us are that dumb to let a nice guy go .. maybe a bit slow but not completely hopeless..

Probably Tracy because I can relate. I get a bit anxious around crowds of people, keep to myself, listen to music most people don't like, etc. There's almost no detail on Anna, either she just isn't very interesting or you don't know her well enough for a full description. ^.^ The other two would really annoy me, and probably wouldn't like me either. Then again all 4 sound significantly younger than me, so probably none of them.

I am well prepared, have a VERY good job and always fall for the bad boys...WHY dont have a clue...I guess is destiny...and the Cute and Money maker ones often have issues like they are not sweet and they dont have time and all that #$*&#)4 that girls dont want to deal with...I rather live under a bridge with love than in a Big Mansion with no love...I guess

I woud pick B. I look for looks but if the guy was a total jerk I wouldn't even bother. I don't want to be with a jerk!!!! Maybe it's just me that likes shy, cute, smart guys that care about me. Shy is a good feature for me. But he can'rt be too shy. I like the guys that are sitting alone at a party. They're cute.

Well I know that I like the dumb idiot jerks because you never have to commit. I have this thought that girls who are into the jerks are secretly afraid of commitment and if someone continuously is breaking your heart you never have to give yourself fully to them and feel most vulnerable.

I couldn't care less about having a guy who is book smart. The only thing I would care about is street smarts and how to cook.

That is not me, or how i am, but i believe that some girls may seem insecure, and feel like they do not deserve a guy that smart and resectful..

Not all girls are like this, just some. Those relationships usually do not last very long, or are very healthy.

They usually regret their decisions in the end..

Source(s): EXPERIENCE

I know what you mean, the wreckless guys seem to get the chicks. Maybe its because they seem like more fun. Too bad so many girls have to learn the hard way. In the end, the "B" guy will win though!