Potty Training?

I am having the hardest time with my 3yr old. What is the best way to get him to use the restroom without me having to tell him every 30 min. Sometimes he will go without me telling him but other times he just pee's on himself.

Favorite Answer

It really helped my son to pee standing up. He could see what was happening and develop control over his bladder. I researched and found a safe stool with sides so he could accurately use the toilet on his own. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

This stool made all the difference. He loved going on his own on the adult toilet and potty training became easy. Even now that he has been trained a long time he still asks for his stool. Well worth it.

Hope this helps.

This seems harsh but it works. When my four year old cousin refused to go on the potty. His mom told him that was fine but she wasn't going to clean him up, he had to do it himself. After a week or so of that, he used the potty all the time with only a few accidents now and then

It took me about 4 days to get my 3 yrs old boy to go on his own. Potty training is so frustrating, but dont worry he'll get it eventually, especially with you telling him every 30 mins! You could put a little potty in whatever room he is in as a reminder instead of you. good luck!

Is there some kind of award you can use. I used preschool for my kids. Signed them up and then said "Mrs. S doesn't change diapers so you have to go on the potty or you can't go to school." I swear 2 or 3 days later it was undies all the time and no accidents. They have to really want it for themselves, ya know?

im no expert but my niece was potty trained at 1 and a half!!my mom trained her and she made a big deal out of,like she told her this was what big girls did and exaggerated and made her all excited about doing it..and she got a treat everytime she told somebody she had to go wee wee's,she had a few accidents bcos she forgot her self or she couldn't hold it but generally it worked and now she's 2yr and 8mnths and doesnt need any help at all..she goes toilet herself and wipes herself and everything so i think the method i said is pretty effective

try taking him to the store and letting him pick out his own underwear. It helped for me when I potty trained my two boys.