MN HEAT asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Who is your favorite wrestler turned commentator?

Mine would have to be Dusty Rhodes. I loved his crazy a$$ catchprases ("takin' it ta the pay winda") and how he would just start rambling when he didn't know what to say and finish it by saying one of the wrestlers' names (good example of this on the Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham match on the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD).

BQ: What wrestler from the original ECW had the worst gimmick in WCW or WWF/E?

What about Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura or Mr. Perfect or Randy Savage?

Don't forget the bonus question.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, got to agree. The "Uh-mekkan Dream", Dusty Rhodes, "in pullic, if you we-ull", making our "backs crack and our livers quiver". Vader doing a big splash off the second rope onto his opponent. Rhodes doing commentary, "fi' meeyun pounds! fi' meeyun pounds!!" There's only one Dusty Rhodes.

BQ: Mike Awesome. Went from the hardcore killer (in FMW and ECW) to the "fat chick thriller" in WCW (also "that 70's guy").

Jerry the King Lawler is in the Hall of Fame for a reason. He is one of the best commentators of all time along with Jim Ross. He is funny and I dont know what Raw would be like without him.

Tommy Dreamer didnt do anything.

Gorilla Monsoon.

Bonus question: Hollywood Nova---Simon Dean.

• Drew

My favorite wresler is John cena he had hes wwe chempion ship for about three years hes not a cheatter DONT USES Sterioids i asked on hes hi5

Source(s): m

My favorate Wrestler turned commentator has to be Tazz.

jerry the king lawler. i like it when he takes the side of the heel! also i remember he used to go on about the divas 'puppies' lol he has had some classic lines.

Taz

bobby heenen was the best

the worst gimmick is the sandman getting drunk then get beat up

• TAZZ, He was my favorite back in ECW.

BQ. Probably Tajiri or Perry Saturn with "Moppy".