VA home loans. Help very confused?

My husband seperated for the military in 07. This is the first time we are buying a home. We found one we really wanted. And I called the bank to schdule a date to see if we are approved. We have great credit. And she said that that bank only does State VA loans and we should call the county and see which one we... show more My husband seperated for the military in 07. This is the first time we are buying a home. We found one we really wanted. And I called the bank to schdule a date to see if we are approved. We have great credit. And she said that that bank only does State VA loans and we should call the county and see which one we qualify for. I don't know the county number. Where can i find that? Also what is the difference between state and Federal VA loans. And does anyone know the interest percent on VA loans. Someone told me that regular loans are better and save you money in the long run. Is this true? Also I heard that with a VA loan you don't have to put any money down but you have to pay some sort of Fee. I really want this house and I don't know how to find all this info. And i want to make sure i am chosing the right type of loan. Any one please help. Any Info on va loans would be awesome. Thanks
3 answers 3