I'm seriously considering a move to Baltimore, to be a cop. Any advice?

I think that I want to be a police officer in Baltimore, it seems interesting but expensive. Is a cops pay gonna keep me in the city or is there a neighboring city that is good to live in? I'm coming from a Detroit metro neighborhood (bedroom community) but would not really want to work in Detroit, is it the same in Baltimore? and also- is the weather worth it? it seems nice compared to Michigan.

-also, HYPOTHETICALLY, I would be coming with a bachelors degree in criminal justice and 2/3 years of patrol/department experience, would this make it easier for me?

Best Answer

Baltimore would take you without the degrees... the inner city is worse than Detroit.... the surrounding towns are great but the city is terrible... the weather is definetly better than Michigan's

Look into the prerequisites for becoming a Baltimore police officer. Before you decide to move, first find out when the next test is. Not everyone gets accepted. There are several steps that you have to complete in order to be considered as a police officer. It certainly doesn't hurt that you have a BS in Criminal Justice and that you have patrol experience. Sometimes it can take months or even years to be considered for the position.

Source(s): Half way through the process for becoming a police officer in CT.

I say go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's been my experience that if an opportunity presents itself, you are wise to accept it. Also, I think you may have more jobs available to you as the Washington D.C area is a hot bed for various Federal Law Enforcement jobs. Move to Baltimore, stay on the job for a year or so then if you like begin to look at other agencies or departments. Don't forget too to continue on in your education. That will only help you to get a Federal job more easily. Good luck!

i could propose flow ask the reverts that how do they experience living an finished new existence:) the non-Muslims will genuinely grant you with some a million/2 verses of the Holy Quran or make up some filthy ideas. like a lot of human beings say that Muslims are ordered to kill the non-Muslims.i could propose 'em to study the completed e book as a million/2 observe of-how is risky.off the mission ..i observe of am sorry:) yet i could opt for to grant an answer to those verse that those human beings are speaking abt.Allah in effortless words ordered us to kill those who're risky for us e.g. contained in the adventure that they are killing our human beings,spreading hatred and pretend ideas abt Islam and insulting our faith THEN we are allowed to attempt hostile to. take care y'all! n could Allah preparation guide us all (Ameen)

hypothetically, they would love that. ideally, watch hbo's The Wire to see a little about B'more. pay is probably comporable, but cost of living more. good luck