Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 1 decade ago

During a CSec, why is a curtain put up?

I heard that during a CSec a curtain is put in front of the mother's face. . .is that true? And if so, why do they do it?

Favorite Answer

Most people couldn't handle the sight of their abdominal cavities being cut open and having their organs on display (not to mention the husbands). Even if you think you could handle it, you probably couldn't.

They just want to focus on the task at hand without worrying about mothers and fathers-to-be passing out and vomiting in the operating room.

They put that curtain up to keep the area as sterile as possible. The curtain will help keep some bacteria and dust away from the incision. Also, since the mother is awake she may not want to see the actual operation being done.

Helps keep the area clean and keep the mother from freaking out. A lot of times if you do want to watch there is a mirror in the room and you can use that. I watched bits and pieces in the reflection of some of the equipment in the room, lol!

I just had my 4th c-section. All 4 c-section there was a blue drape in front of me. I guess so that you don't see what the doctors are doing. I know that I would not want to see. But I love waiting to hear the first cry of the baby.

Because it is major surgery, with lots of cutting and blood, and they don't want the mother to freak out looking at herself. I had a c-section and I really wanted to watch, because I'm also a doula and I have witnessed and watched 5 of them.

If the quick curtain is going to be above the table, then i might bypass with the long. you are able to think of roughly using a headscarf, pull it up interior the middle and permit it cling down on the facets.

I had a c section too. I'm glad I couldn't see anything I was already freaked out having to get cut open.

I would not have wanted to see myself cut open! I also think it's so that no blood gets spattered on your face.

My boyfriend, however, watched the whole process and thought it was neat. Weirdo.

Source(s): I have had 3 C-Sections

They do it so you don't see them cutting into you and also so you don't get any blood splattered on you. Personally, I would rather see everything, but they won't budge on procedure.

• just to be safe and why would you want to see any way. when they did mine i was so upset that it had come to that and that my mom was not there my bf and anisiologist were trying to calm me down