how do you properly potty train a 2 year old girl?

my daughter will be 2 years old tomarrow. she has been showing some signs for potty training. she takes her clothes off and runs to the potty. she tells me she wants her diaper changed as soon as it needs it. she is also trying to put on panties. but when i put her on her potty she screams and she wont sit there. i had her sit there for an hour and she did nothing. but like 2 minutes after i took her off the potty she pooped and peed in her panties. what do i do? someone please help me.

Favorite Answer

I have been through what you are experiencing. I researched and found a safe stool with sides for the toilet. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

This stool made all the difference. My daughter could get right to the toilet on her own and she loved using an adult toilet. I think having privacy was important to some extent too. This stool made potty training so much easier. Well worth it.

Hope this helps.

The first thing you need to do it get a potty book and read it to her. Try to get her to think that it is fun to go to the potty. Don't put her on the potty for an hour anymore it kind of makes her think that she did something wrong. Don't yell at her when he goes in her pants or on the floor. Let her walk around the house naked and put the potty in the middle of the living room. When you go potty but her potty in the bathroom with you turn on the water in the bathroom and have her sit on the potty while you go. When she does go for the first time in the potty make a really big deal out of it. Give her a candy or something to let her know what a good job she did.

• hickey

You must get a few child books approximately potty coaching and skim them to her and in addition a doll that is going potty to exhibit her what colossal women do. Something else to take a look at is letting her have a while for the duration of the day in which she does not put on a diaper for just a little even as. I comprehend it's gonna be style of messy however it'll support her to peer what occurs whilst she is going potty seeing that most commonly whilst toddlers are dressed in a diaper they do not know once they pass potty and they do not even discover seeing that they are so used to dressed in a diaper at all times. Also you must now not use meals to present her with seeing that that might create dangerous consuming behavior sooner or later for her, check out stickers alternatively. Good Luck:)

I took my daughters to the store and let them pick out panties that they liked. I told them they could only wear them if they didn't use the bathroom in them. They only had a few accidents after that. You could also try an incentive for using the potty. My girls never used a potty chair. They didn't like it. They wanted to use the big potty. Good luck!

I wouldn't make her sit for an hour anymore, that's not making her like going to the potty. This should be something fun and enjoyable not scary.

Make it fun, ask her frequently if she needs to go, take her when you need to go, look at magazines or books (they have really cute ones about going potty) while 'waiting' and make sure you praise her lots and lots and lots.

did you get her a small little potty? my little girl is 2yrs old and she really doesnt like the big potty she prefers the little one. also tell her that if she wants to wear the pantties then she needs to pee in the potty first. I put my baby on the potty first thing in the morning. then after she pees in it i tell her how good she is and shuch a big girl. i have her sitting on the potty every 30-45min, if she is drinking somthing then its 15min after she is done drinking.

she doesnt always go poop in it though, but she tries and that is always a good thing

good luck with your little girl!

Source(s): potty trained 1st daughter at 2 (she is now gonna be 4), and starting on my next child.

well what I would do is everytime you use the restroom take her in with you and have her sit in her potty chair so she can see what your doing I know its hard we are doing the same thing with my niece also taking a toy or book while they are sitting on the otty will keep them entertained and maybe they will sit there longer to go... I dunnooo

Maybe get her one of those little potty's that sing for something fun. That helped my two boys. and give her something in a reward afterwards.

• offer her mini M&ms. 1 for number 1, 2 for number 2. =) I bet that will work!