USAA wont let me access my account......?

I applyed for loans a while back and I used my Uncles info to co-sign but I didnt do it over the phone cuz the rate could be higher (and laziness). Anyway, I used 2 diff Uncles and listed them as the Foster-Parents cuz there wasnt an Uncle option online. Anyway, USAA locked my acct and said I needed to fax them my ID and stuff...so I did and I called them and now they say that I need to fax them my Uncles ID and SSN...but they live a miles away and I dont feel like perturbing them...and I already have financing from Cap One now (since USAA took forever and locked my acct). So basically I asked her why would I need to fax them? They arent customers...and I dont even want your financing anymore? She said its because we require our customers to bla bla bla with patriot act. If my Uncles arent customers they arent under that rule? Is that right? Thats all I needed to know...cuz if they still lock it I'll pay my money to other companies to use their services no big deal to me...Thx

newjerseyguy please go play with a box full of sharp objects....

Favorite Answer

Applying with your uncle's information says to USAA "Myself and this other person I am giving you information about are knowingly trying to get a loan"

USAA has to assume the other person you used as a co-signer is fully aware and intended to have this loan. There is a fraud process where some bells and whistles went off based upon the information you provided. It was probably saying that the person you wanted to be a co signer was a foster parent when you are an adult. It doesn't make sense and is going to make a financial institution essentially say "what?!"

Think about it, it wasn't your intent to do so, but essentially you "lied" about your Uncles being your foster parents. That's a big deal when you get into specific legal inquiries.

If you didn't see the right relationship choice you should have called. Your dishonesty caught USAA's attention, and in a world where fraud is rampant and banks have to work very hard at combatting it, you've stumbled into an unfortunate situation.

Because USAA received your application with two applicants that it has suspicions about, they are now requesting proof of ID for both applicants (you and your uncle(s) ). It doesn't matter to them that you were just using your uncles information as a co applicant to help you on the loan, it still looks like two different people (well three based upon your multiple uncles description) are asking for a loan and USAA has to verify their identity.

The Patriot Act essentially means that USAA has to have a reasonable beleif that account holders are who they say they are. If you say your Uncle is your Foster Parent, aren't you already violating that?

At this point, you can go ahead and avoid doing anything about it and choose not to do business with them, but honestly you're missing out on what is otherwise a pretty amazing bank.

Usaa Account Locked

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I applyed for loans a while back and I used my Uncles info to co-sign but I didnt do it over the phone cuz the rate could be higher (and laziness). Anyway, I used 2 diff Uncles and listed them as the Foster-Parents cuz there wasnt an Uncle option online. Anyway, USAA locked my acct and said I...

Source(s): usaa wont access account: https://shortly.im/r6TQH

Applying with your uncles info and them not knowing is illegal and down right fraudulent. I have to do the patriot act verification with Capitol one too and it's very easy. You just snap pic of a utility bill, drivers license and social card then email it. Then your all done and your uncles could email it themselves so you wouldn't have to handle their documents. Personally I'm not even a bank employee and I think this sounds fishy so you cannot blame them urs common sense

if you applied with their info as cosigners then they ARE customers...application for finance is a business transaction even if you do not accep their terms (take the loan). With the new patriot act the concept of "know your customer" is ever present.

I would like to ask the same question as the previous person.