Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

Perfume doesnt last long?

I typically use 4 sprays (2 on the neck, 1 on each wrist), I dont rub it afterwards, but its like it just vanishes. I usually wear Lancome Miracle or Gucci Envy. How can I make it last longer? I use exfoliating bodywash every day as well so my skin should be well prepared.

• Best Answer

It could come down to the strength of the product that your using. I took this info from the link provided below.

What is the difference between Perfume, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, and Eau de Cologne?

The differences are simply a matter of the amount or concentration of oils in the fragrance. These oils are called "juice." The highest concentration of "juice" is in perfume (or parfum). Next would be Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, and finally Eau de Cologne.

The higher the concentration of "juice" the longer your fragrance will last, and the less you need to apply.

It also states that if your skin is dry that your fragrance will loose its smell a lot quicker than someone with oily skin, so maybe try using a really thing good quality Moisturiser (any brand) prior to putting on your Fragrance.

Good luck!

The reason you are thinking it's not lasting is because you get used to the smell of it after awhile and can't smell it anymore. But other people can. Perfume tends to last for a good 8 hours. If you want to make the scent really last, apply your perfume (or cologne) immediately after showering/bathing. Wait for your skin to dry and then spray once more. Or, buy the body wash/body lotion of your favorite perfume/cologne and layer them together. Just be careful not to go overboard. Overbearing perfume/cologne is not attractive. Hope this helps!

It could be because of your skin type or even the cologne you bought is not the real deal, it could be a knock off. Do you keep your perfumes in the bathroom? If so don't because the changes in temperature will hurt the perfumes potency and make it a lot weaker.

You can also try spraying your perfume on your bare skin, neck, arms, then put some clothes on and spray it on again but this time on the clothes.

• M L

4 sprays is A LOT of perfume to wear. It doesn't go away, you are just to used to the way it smells. It's just like when your home always smells different when you get home from a trip--it actually smells the same as always, you are just accustomed to it. I promise that if you are using 4 sprays of perfume, everyone else can smell it REALLY well (ask them if you don't believe).

Just because it doesn't say made in Paris does not necessarily mean it is fake. I am holding in my hand right now an unopened box of Clinique Happy Heart that I bought from the Clinique counter at my not so friendly local Macy's earlier today. You know what it says on the back?? Made in the USA

i wear Gucci envy and find the same! i would love to know why, have you tryed the new Gucci one i forget what its called, but the adverts are on for it now. i tryed it in boots and its so nice and it stayed on all day from one spray, its £35-£40 and its worth every penny. it may be called rush. :)

you can spray some on your clothes, or spray it in the air and walk into it so it gets on your clothes without causing stains. i also get a mini version of the scent to carry in my handbag for quick touch ups during the day. try also spraying some on the insides of the elbows. any pulse points are good because they cause the scent to radiate out from the body more.

hey do just one thing, keep an empty bottle of perfume in cupboard it will bring a smell of it wen u wear it or try putting a bit perfume in a swab of cotton and just keep it in ure dress [ especially in underarms] . i bet u wll get a better result.remember ,always put the perfume 20 mins before u go out of ure house. or else the perfume vanishes soon

Source(s): beauty encyclopedia

Try "layering" the scent by using the same scented body wash, body spray, body lotion then applying the perfume...this should give you a lasting effect. I use Victoria's Secret this way, and it works great

I typically wear perfume right after my showers. That way, the moisture in your skin will help seal the scent longer.