promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
season7780 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Micro chip?

Does anyone know how much it cost to get your dog micro chipped?

I know the Home Again is about $15.00 per subscription but how much does the Vet charge to put it in?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think when I did it it was about $35. But, I know that my local rescue groups and shelters have days where they do it very inexpensively.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

At our vet it use to cost $45 to implant a microchip from home again and the $14.99 to activate. But they are starting a new procedure where the vet activates the chips so it's still $60 some. And then if you want the annual subscription to HomeAgain. Then it's a yearly membership I can't remember it's between $7-$15.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My dogs have two chips each. One: an international version and the other is the Home Again American version. Looking back, I have mixed feelings about having had them chipped since I have read there are incidences of cancer associated with microchipping. Mine were chipped at young ages. It cost us 15 dollars per dog: (clinic special.) This is a subject to do some research on- both for pricing and for health reasons. I know there are wide variations in pricing.

• 1 decade ago

About $45.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • go to Jefferspets.com they sell them on there for $15 it's a do it yourself one..

at a vet it's about $35 to $50..

But the Micro chips cause cancer called sarcoma..

I will not have any of my dogs done cuz of it..

• 1 decade ago

Mine costs $45 and it included the subscription.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on the vet - between $25 and $50.

Contact your local shelters. Some of them may be less expensive. No matter where you do it, it's worth every penny.

• My vet doesn't do it,but he recommended I go to the county animal control,ans they charged me $10.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

were i live the vet charges 25

• 1 decade ago

Each vet will be different. Where I work it is about $40 to implant the chip.

Source(s): I'm a vet
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.