In Explaining the Trinity.......?

.... why do Trinitarians use illogical examples? I just saw an answer that says the trinity is like an apple- consisting of three parts. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302203638AAPev7B&r=w#NbUvWDC7VDVA0.QGGlh7 Now you tell me- is the peel (skin) of the apple "an apple" on its own?... show more .... why do Trinitarians use illogical examples?

I just saw an answer that says the trinity is like an apple- consisting of three parts.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302203638AAPev7B&r=w#NbUvWDC7VDVA0.QGGlh7

Now you tell me- is the peel (skin) of the apple "an apple" on its own? Would you buy apple peels at the price of regular apples at your local grocery?

Or would you accept an apple pip from someone offering you "an apple"? How about if someone offered you an apple pie that contained nothing but apple seeds? Would you accept their explanation that all parts of an apple are "an apple"?

So why should non-Trinitarians accept that "the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God, but they are not three Gods but One, and each on his own is God".......

Who here on R&S would agree to change $3 for $1, since we are to believe that 3=1?
Update: Marmen: If you would just read the Bible for yourself, you would see the truth.

To you I say "Tu quoque"
Update 2: Ok- some people say that being a wife, mother and daughter at the same time makes you a trinity of a kind. But how many PEOPLE are you? How many times are you counted during the census? How many passports would you hold as this 'multiple' individual? A Wife, Mother and Sister passport- three in... show more Ok- some people say that being a wife, mother and daughter at the same time makes you a trinity of a kind.

But how many PEOPLE are you?

How many times are you counted during the census?

How many passports would you hold as this 'multiple' individual? A Wife, Mother and Sister passport- three in all?

How much car space do you take up if your mother, husband and daughter are also in the car at the same time?
Three spaces?

Don't make me laugh.
Update 3: Anna- there are still THREE Smiths. If Mary dies will you say "the Smiths died"? Or that the Smith unit died? No, they are united as a family but still THREE individuals.

Mary is neither Jon nor Bob, and vice-versa and vice-versa.

Try again.
Update 4: Pastor...- Only one of all my Bible translations renders 1 John 5:7 in that way, and it has a footnote stating that those words were not in the original text (Why they included them, God knows) "In our image" just means that God was speaking to someone. "Our" and "us" just mean... show more Pastor...- Only one of all my Bible translations renders 1 John 5:7 in that way, and it has a footnote stating that those words were not in the original text (Why they included them, God knows)

"In our image" just means that God was speaking to someone.

"Our" and "us" just mean more than one person, how do you know God was speaking to twenty spirit creatures? Or just one?