three main types insects?

my science teacher says there are three main types of insects. What are they?

Favorite Answer

There are three subclasses of insects (which is what I think your teacher is refering to):

APTERYGOTA

These are wingless insects and their body structure suggests that they have never had wings during their evolutionary history. Young stages resemble the adults - little or no metamorphosis.

PTERYGOTA

Division EXOPTERYGOTA

These are winged insects, although some have lost their wings during the course of evolution.When present, the wings develop externally and there is no marked change (metamorphosis) during the life cycle. The young stages, called nymphs, resemble the adults except in size and in lacking fully-developed wings - simply metamorphosis.

PTERYGOTA

Division ENDOPTERYGOTA

These are winged insects, although some have lost their wings during the course of evolution. When present, the wings develop internally (i.e. inside the body of the immature insect) and there is a marked change (metamorphosis) during the life cycle. The young stages are very different from the adults and are called larvae. The change from larva to adult takes place during a non-feeding stage called the pupa (or chrysalis) - complex metamorphosis.

• merkl

Types Of Insects

You find out the basis of this classification

First, whether it relates to types of mouth parts like biting and chewing types, sponging types, piercing and sucking types.

Second, whether it relates to the mode of development: paurometabolous, hemimetabolous, endometabolous

Third, whether it is based on the manner of emergence of wings,

Their are many types of insects. You need to be more specific. Are you talking about Social insects (bees, ants, Termites). Are you taking about bio mass (abundance) beetles, flies and hemipterans. Are you talking about morphism: butterflies (complete metamorphosis), Cock roaches (gradual metamorphosis) and Fire brats (simple metamorphosis). Other possible categories could consist of agricultural importance (pollination=honey bee), Medical importance(Malaria=mosquito's), Urban pest (cock roaches), structural pest (Carpenter ants, termites).

• rumsey

that's humorous. i assumed i replaced into the backside form of bacteria that existed as quickly as I went by Marine Corps boot-camp. Then as existence went forth I discovered that i'm below that. Oof. It replaced into surely thrilling as quickly as I discovered that i'm denser that a rock. No ask your self I fell to the backside of the cesspool.

• Gramma

Biting, stinging, sucking.