Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Would you support a war with Venezuela?

Favorite Answer

Fighting alongside Venezuela? Yes!

Yes, it wouldn't take much. The Colombians can defend their country well enough. The US can provide air cover and satelite reconnaissance and the Venezuelans would be powerless to stop us. American aircraft are more than a match for Russian Aircraft and tanks have to stick to roads in mountainous jungle terrain and would be easy prey.

The US can freeze Venezuelan and possibly Ecuadoran assets and devastate their economies. I bet you didn't know that the only refinery in the world that can process Venezuela's high sulfur oil is in Louisiana. Every drop of Venezuela's oil is useless without America.

The Cubans could feel froggy but that would just give us the opportunity to slam them too. Hugo Chavez is a big fat clown and he's painting himself into a corner.

No. Venezuela is a paper tiger. We stop buying Citgo oil (which is 7-11) that sells Venezuela petroleum products, at jacked up prices 3 -5 cents a gallon more than any other station, then he will have to sell more to other countries to make up for the loss. The only thing with that is that other countries can only buy so much oil at the prices Venezuela wants.

Besides, Chavez thinks that because he is buddies with Cuba, he has nothing to fear. So let him talk crap, and then sit back and dream about how great a threat he is and how much impact he has on world affairs.

It used to be the policy of the United States to fight Communism. At some point, communists took posts in education, and started teaching the children. Now, the children are grown, and don't understand the problems that face the United States. This is evidenced in ObamaMania. The Western Hemisphere is heavy under attack from Communism (CHICOM), and the United States is supposed to sit back and watch?

NO. Get rid of communism in the Western Hemisphere and watch it die elsewhere.

What reason would the US have to go to war against Venezuela. I'd like to see Americans try to plead that they're not imperialist after this question

They have lots of oil! Let's take it.

Hey....Don't we currently have an army sitting on top of large oil reserves? How come the price of gas is so high?

We need to do a better job at pillaging.

Absolutely not! Let's do what we are doing now, focus on that, finishing the jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pull everything out of those countries and let them have at each other.

** I just re read what I wrote - sry I typed fast - I meant pull out of Columbia and Venezuela, like our embassies. Not Iraq and Afghan. we need to stay and help those people, sry sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers.**

no war is good war. death is highly unnecessary in our society today. everyone;s supposed to be civillised. unless being civillised would mean to go to war in times of conflict?

perhaps not?

The US should not stick there noses & not get involve. Let the UN deal with it! To much war!

• CRFI

Yes, send your soon, a bullet is waiting for him.