Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

if you are a Jew, are you good with money?

if you are a Jew, how good are you with money? because of what i hear that Jewish are good with money. so do you think you are good with money, and do you think you just born that way?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In middle age Europe there were church laws that prohibited Christians to lend money, ie be professional moneylenders/bankers. Jews did not have to follow these laws, and had anti-semitic prohibitions in job choice dictated to them. It was only natural they started to lend money to christians. And since creditors are not exactly loved by those who lend the money because of the interests, it became a common prejudice that Jews are good with money and are parasites etc.

• 4 years ago

Really the Jews have all the money do they? That's funny because I know that there are quite a number of Jews who are struggling to make ends meet and others who are living below the poverty line. Your question smacks of the idiotic stereotype that sickens Jews like me who come from families who have worked hard all their lives to make ends meet. Great post Mike :-)

• 1 decade ago

Wow. Just. Wow.

Were you born to be prone to believing stereotypes and generalizing about others?

That's actually really offensive when people ask things like that.

(For the record, I'm Jewish and yes, I can balance a checkbook, but so can all of my Christian friends.)

• 1 decade ago

You should just be asking them if they can help you become good with money since you are not Jewish and must not be good with money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • copper
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That is a VERY offensive stereotype. It is in the same category of:

if you are Black, you like watermelon

If you are Irish, you fight and drink a lot

if you are Polish, you are stupid

If you are English, you have bad teeth

If you are French, you are rude

If you are Spanish you are irresistible to the opposite sex

If you are Italian you are Mafia

if you are American you think God smiled on you ( Oops, it was just gas )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its typical that ppl think that jewish ppl are good with money

which some are ex: stock brokers, loaners.

but there are homeless jewish ppl on the street

it doenst matter what race you are

just how good you are with money.

• 1 decade ago

Jill u sound like the racist here, It's a stereo type and not a bad one to have

• 1 decade ago

It has do do with the exposure to money with your family while growing up. Talking about it at the dinner table.

• 1 decade ago

aha, have you been watching Family Guy or something? x]

just S T E R E O T Y P E

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

What does this have to do with religion? You're talking about a stereotype.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.