My ACP BatteryBackUp/Surge Protection is beeping/flashing?

It is model BE325.

One day, after a party, I heard it making this beeping sound that doesn't stop at all (It's continous). And the light flashes (on, off, on , off,etc.). It's really annoying. And I don't know what's wrong with it.

Everything hooked up to it still works after I pushed the button/light a few times (now it's back to the same flashing thing and the beeping)

I think it need's a battery change but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me for sure? Also, my other 2 batterybackup/surge protections from different companies kinda do same thing. (i think one is also beeping and the other has a red light rather than green. then, when i pushed the on button for the red light one, it turned green and it worked again)

• iskai
    Favorite Answer

Hi there.

Yeah, the battery is either dying or you got too much load connected to your APC.

Best to check out your users manual (as mine does as well) in the section for error beep codes.

Update: Ok, I read your manual and yeah, it is overloading.

Overload Shutdown - During On

Battery operation a battery-power

outlet was overloaded.

Power On LED -

OFF

Continuous tone. Unit is turned off

using the ON/OFF

button.

So there is something that is connected to your APC that is drawing more power than it should, or you just got too much plugged in .. for example .. NEVER put multiple outlet strips to your APC .. a no no.

OR ...

Your battery is dying ..

Replace Battery - Battery may need

to be replaced, or the battery is not

connected.

Power On LED -

Flashing

Continuous tone. Unit is turned OFF

and then ON and it

passes a subsequent

battery test. (This test

occurs automatically

whenever the unit is

turned ON and every

14 days)

Hope this helps

• onita

Apc Be325r