Meaning of Chinese characters on The Killers' album Hot Fuss?

What do the Chinese characters on the cover of The Killers' album Hot Fuss mean? And - bonus question - where was the photo taken? Are there really these neon signs on top of buildings somewhere or is it all photoshop'd?
Update: What do the Chinese characters on the cover of The Killers' album Hot Fuss mean? And - bonus question - where was the photo taken? Are there really these neon signs on top of buildings somewhere or is it all photoshop'd? //edit: as far as I know by now the photo was probably shot in Japan and the... show more What do the Chinese characters on the cover of The Killers' album Hot Fuss mean? And - bonus question - where was the photo taken? Are there really these neon signs on top of buildings somewhere or is it all photoshop'd?

//edit: as far as I know by now the photo was probably shot in Japan and the characters, each read alone, mean "constructive", "material", "open", "distribute". Together, however it was said to mean "construction material development".
Correct me if I'm wrong...
1 answer 1