Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what r the laws and resources for a women being abused in Texas.north Dallas .farmers branch area?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    hope this helps....

    Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)

    Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex

    24 Hour Helpline


    Brighter Tomorrow

    Ft. Worth, TX


    Dallas County District Attorney

    Protective order


    Genesis Women’s Center

    Dallas, TX


    24 hour hotline: 214.946.HELP

    Counseling: 214.559.2050

    Legal Aid of Northwest Texas

    Dallas, TX: 214.748.1234

    Ft. Worth, TX: 817.877.0609

    Resource Center of Dallas

    Can provide assistance with shelter for male victims of domestic violence through collaboration with The Family Place.

    Free HIV testing and STI screening for gay and lesbian victims of domestic violence.

    2701 Reagan Street (at Brown), Dallas, TX 75219


    Limited emergency dental care with appointment through Nelson-Tebedo located at 4012 Cedar Springs, Dallas, TX 75219.


    Survivors of Incest Anonymous Lesbian Group

    Meets Sundays 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Dallas, TX


    The Family Place

    Dallas, TX


    V.I.P. Center

    Parkland Hospital Violence Intervention and Prevention Center

    Dallas, TX


  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    If you feel youre being physically abused notify the authorities immediately and press charges. Contact a localchapter of a womans help group that will help you get out of this relationship. You will probably have t file for a protective restraining order against him but you will get help. The authorities once called can give you someone to contact. This is the universal answer to abuse today. Good luck, but make the call and quit taking the abuse

    Source(s): Florida Paralegal with a BS degree in Social-Pyschology
  • kathyw
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    A lawyer would be able to tell you and ultimately, a lawyer should be your source of information. There may also be a branch of an 'Abused Women and Children' center somewhere near you. It may be miles away but get in touch with them right now. If you don't know where they are, contact a local church or social services agency to get the exact information. Call them, they will will help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.