what is flovent hfa 110 mcg 12gm?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

Flovent HFA is an inhalor for asthamtics (and others with bad lung disease) that contains a medicine called fluticasone propionate, which is a synthetic corticosteroid. They are natural substances found in the body that help fight inflammation and reduce (ovr the long-trm) the swelling of the bronchiole trees with in the lung that become narrow and thickened with thick mucus during an asthma attack. It is used in people who have astham that is not reponsive to inhaleld rescure inhalors such as Ventolin.

Corticosteroids are used to treat asthma because

they reduce airway inflammation.

They are not the only corticosteroids to be used for this.

They must be taken over time and maintained like that since they take some time to begin to work. If only used every few days for a single puff, then they are not helping and this type of use is useless.

Hope this helps!

It is used to treat asthma in patients 4 years of age and older.

The medicine is available in 3 different strengths, 44 mcg, 110 mcg, or 220 mcg Inhalation Aerosol. Which means eg: 110 micrograms of drug per puff.

Source(s): I'm a student medical doctor and licensed paramedic
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Flovent Hfa 110 Mcg Coupons

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

What is the most important information I should know about Flovent Diskus (fluticasone inhalation)?

Fluticasone inhalation is not a rescue medicine. It will not work fast enough to treat an asthma attack. Fluticasone inhalation is used only to prevent asthma attacks.

You should not use the inhalation powder (Arnuity Ellipta or Flovent Diskus) if you are allergic to milk proteins.

Buy Flovent Online >> http://flovent3.4gw.pw/ujou5

• 1 decade ago

inhaler for asthma.if you have one you should have the pharmacy insert,that tells you.its good stuff and works for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.