Help with CATNIP! When do i plant catnip? And will Incects get to it if i do plant catnip outside?

I currently have a Catnip plant growing inside, and it is about 7 inches tall, and has pretty big leaves, but i want to plant it out side, because it deos not seem to be growing very much because it is in a pot. It deos not get all the sun it should get. But i had a pepper mint plant, and planted it outside, and... show more I currently have a Catnip plant growing inside, and it is about 7 inches tall, and has pretty big leaves, but i want to plant it out side, because it deos not seem to be growing very much because it is in a pot. It deos not get all the sun it should get. But i had a pepper mint plant, and planted it outside, and lots of worms got to it and destroyed it, but i do not know if it would happen to this same plant. so what should i do? If you have a cat nip plant, and plated it outside, did bugs get to it such as worms????