I am 17 years old and have recevied a traffic ticket. Do i have to go to court or can i just pay it?

(This is in Harris county)

Favorite Answer

As far as I know you only have to go to court if you refuse to pay it or disagree with it...just pay it and move on...call your courthouse and inquire though...I live in a big city and things could be way different here than in a small county.

I don't know what state Harris County is in, but if you are guilty, pay the fine. If you feel that you are not guilty, show up on the court date that should be on the back of your ticket. If there is no court date, there should be a phone number you can call to find out how to appear to fight the ticket.

You are far too young to be getting traffic tickets already. Maybe you need to drive more carefully.

Most tickets can be paid ahead of a court date. Look on the ticket and find the address for sending payment in. If you are required to go to court, it should state that and not have a payment amount on the ticket. You can always call the phone number on the ticket for info also.

You got a ticket? Next time drive faster so the cop can't catch you.

Seriously, send a lawyer to court to plead it down.

If you don't feel like doing that, then just cut a check and pay it.

• wizjp

The fine print will probably tell you that you can or can't, or give you a phone # to call for an amount due and if ti can be paid directly.

Check the ticket

Your ticket will say whether or not you have to attend court.

i believe that in ohio you have to go to court WITH a parent . not sure of the laws where you live ....