Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do Men Have any Role in the Current Marriage Trend?

The CBS Evening News Ran A Story on Jan. 16, 2007 titled "More Women Saying "I Don't" featuring Women like 29-year-old Jessica Cohen of New York. "We don't need men anymore," Here is the link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/1...

On the other hand, Kay S. Hymowitz published "Man Child in the Promised Land" in Winter, 2008 in which she argues that Marriage Rates are going down because SYM's wont grow up, marry, have children and become "Men".

Here is the link:

http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_si...

So my question is do men have anything to do with declining marriage rates or is it in fact that Women rule the world and they dont need us? And what changed in a year. Wait do I hear a clock ticking in the background? Oh well. New Girl Order!!!

Is that a more appropriate question?

All the best!!!

• tired
    Favorite Answer

It is probably a general society trend that marriage rates are going down. More and more people are simply living together. Last time I checked it takes both signatures on the marriage certificate to make it legal. You're the guy always saying stay single, make money, live it up. So you tell me, why don't you want to marry? My husband and I both married in our mid twenties and I can tell you my standard of life now is better and more fulfilling than anything before.

Society is declining in monogamous values, partially bc its values are declining in general. Everything is about instant gratification these days, and in the end they wind up being alone and insecure.

That sounds like a group of too high standard people who can't find a spouse. I love my husband and want and need him very much. He is a very strong presence in our family. I think the decline in marriage is the fault of both sexes. The world has made it to easy to "Shack up" as apposed to marriage.

i don't truly think of that's the guy plenty because of the fact the situation of ladies have replaced. whilst our mom's have been starting to be the girl's sole interest grow to be to cook sparkling and guard the infants. Now many situations we see that place reversed. women are taking a greater energetic place in having intense paying careers and the help of the significant other and babies. Even in my relationship, once I end college i would be making extra money than my quickly to be husband. i might desire to stay domicile with my infants like my mom did and it very almost breaks my heart that i can not, yet my quickly to be husband desires to stay domicile and be Mr. mom fairly so as that they nevertheless are raised with the comparable ideals. i think of that's the substitute in women and us being greater self sufficient. additionally somewhat to handle how we are elevating our babies, yet that could be a various subject rely.