is Obama's plan to invade Pakistan a good plan?

Update:

If you go into a country without their permission, that is an invasion.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He never said he would invade Pakistan.

"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges," Obama said. "But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will." He never said he would send in troops.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/01/politics...

This is EXACTLY what the Bush Administration did 3 weeks ago when it took out the #3 Al Qaeda man by using a CIA airstrike which went into Pakistan to do the job.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/31/alqaeda.death/

The administration did it again when it launched yet another drone into Pakistan killing 13 militants

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id...

• 1 decade ago

NO plan to invade any country is a good plan. An transgression is never perceived to be correct. , negotiation is the best means for keeping peace in this world, unless it's a sneak attack like was perpetrated against American on 9/11. But even that is a difficult situation because then what country do you retaliate against?

• 1 decade ago

I am not a big fan of Oboma and I hate the war in Iraq. The thing is the terrorist the were responsible for 911 are hiding there in Pakistan. We went to the wrong place. I am not for a war against Pakistan but if they do not turn over Bin Laden (remember him) and others something should be done.

• 1 decade ago

We invaded Afganistan and Iraq, why not Pakistan?

Pakistan is supposed to be harboring the person behind 9-11 (Osama) and we don't go in?

There is no way Osama is in Pakistan all this time and nobody gets him! His face is plastered everywhere! Everybody on America's most wanted gets caught eventually. I don't trust their intentions.

We need to get the job done and be done with it for God's sake. Why piss around with a hundred years of war.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What are you people on? We don't own the earth. Pakistan is one of the few allies we have in that part of the world, plus they're a nuclear armed nation and this noob says he's gonna just attack part of it without their consent. One less ally, at least. No guarantee of success. Very bad idea. What an idiot.

• 1 decade ago

he said he would be willing to strike targets inside pakistan, which is not technically invading, but you'd better believe that if pakistan's leadership got wind of american strikes on suspected terrorist cells inside their country, it would be taken as an invasion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has no plan to do so. He said he would go after Bin Laden along the Pakistan border if intelligence proved he was there. Good... go get the creep.

• 1 decade ago

You're in idiot.

He's never said he's going to invade Pakistan. He said he'd take action against the Tailiban that were residing there if Pakistan did nothing about it.

Stop taking information, and twisting it, then repeating it until you believe it. Just because you wish hard enough, won't make something real.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If the US use a lot of troops up in the border areas, like maybe half a million, that would make the region Mulitcultural, which would be a Good Thing and nobody would complain. maybe?

• JHD
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It would not be an inevitability....read the CONDITIONS upon which a decision MIGHT be made: ""IF we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets AND President Musharraf won't act, we will," Obama said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.