Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

You probably think you are saved?

But did you know that unless you are of Jewish descent, Jesus in fact did NOT save you? I mean, according to Jesus that is.

A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." (Matthew 15:22-26)

He was only sent to help the "lost sheep of Israel." That means, if you're not Jewish, Jesus was not sent to save you...

Do you still think you are going to heaven?

Dana- great song!!!

Savior by 30 Seconds to Mars haha.

nah its all good, I'm atheist, this question is purely for the fundies.

whoops let me rephrase.

Jesus was only INTENDED to save the Children of Israel.

Of course, then it seems that he is defying God, in otherwords, defying himself...

odd.

Of course, its not my holy book =p

Favorite Answer

So, when Jesus said this,

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20),

and

"I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." (John 10:16)

He was lying?

As an atheist then you would probably not know that Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 28:16-20 to go and preach his gospel to all the world, even to the end of the age.

The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

According to Jesus Christ in John 3:16 the whole world needed salvation from God and not just the nation of Israel.

John 3:16-17 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

All people all around the world will be saved.

Chronologically, you are right because that happened before he died. After he died that's a different story.

When the lost sheep of Israel rejected him, he sent the disciples to the gentiles ands that is why the bible says that there is no gentile no jews or greeks but faith in Christ.

Romans 3:28-30 Colosians 3:11. Galatians 5:6,6:15.

• cheir

But you forget what happened with Peter and the family of the Centurion Cornelius - Acts 10:1-45;

verses 44,45; ' ... while Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. All the circumcised believers (Jews) who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.'

You are correct... sort of.

If you keep reading that passage, though, you'll find that He caved, and blessed her daughter, anyway.

When Jesus came to earth, He came to teach the Israelites (aka- Jews). He then sent His followers to the rest of the world.

But His salvation is for anyone who believes and follows.

BTW- Yes, I do have Israelite blood in me-- Tribe of Ephraim. This is actually part of a fulfilled promise Jehovah made to Abraham- that through his seed, all the earth will be blessed. The Israelites were scattered, and they intermarried.... passing on the saving blood to the descendants. The blood of Israel is now probably in nearly everyone in the world.

Do you realize we are all the lost sheep? We are all descendant from the same original two Adam And Eve. Therefore we are all the lost sheep. That is explained further in the the Book of Acts you have to just keep reading. You cannot just pick and choose what you want out of context and make it true.

It's up to God if I go to Hell. If I do, I'm not going to argue. I am aware of that phrase, but I still think that if you follow God, sometimes a few people might not go to Hell, who's not Jewish. I don't know. If you notice Jesus healed the woman afterwards, maybe He does the same to others.

Source(s): Christian.

15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

when u read only a part of the passage ur confused. continue to read. like the poem by Alexander Pope goes, "A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

what Jesus wanted to see was if she was truly confident and had the faith. he was testing her faith. so yes, i am saved and will be going to heaven. if u want to also be on the saved side believe in Him and u will be saved. Jesus also said, "John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies"

so trust in Him.

God bless u.

• There are many remarks in the bible attributed to Jesus which seem so unlike all that he believes in. Another is his 'I came to set brother against brother and child gainst parent' which we all know is directly contrary to his beliefs and deeds.

Misquoted or the words taken out of text. He may be responding to one who felt he could not leave his ungodly family and that Jesus was wrong to condemn the same for their sins, and this inciting the aforementioned remark.

As to your reference, maybe the woman was sinful or a blasphemer who when befallen with tragedy fled to the Christ in dire need.. speculation, for the remarks are against all his beliefs, and who amongst us has not uttered a rash statement, completely out of character, forgotten as soon as spoken.

Such Is Life. Trust in his wisdom and love, question the wisdom of placing in scriptures remarks that are inflammatory and likely to be misinterpreted.

Be Wise and Loved

Wow! Are YOU confused! You need to get yourself into a good Bible study, dear one! Jesus died for ALL men, not just Jews. I'm truly saddened by your lack of knowledge. Read the 10th chapter of John where Jesus is telling the Pharasees that He has "another flock" besides them.

God bless!

Source(s): ><>

First, the Canaanites were fully pagan and did not believe in God / Jesus Christ. And what happens throughout the OT to pagan people?

They are destroyed.

Second, who are the people of "Israel? It's not just the Jews - airhead!

3rd, did you even finish the chapter to see that Jesus healed her daughter "at once" when her faith was shown to Jesus?

God does not care WHO you are - he wants to see your FAITH!