Do you think that Tamyra Gray is the only talented singer that ever came out of American Idol?

Kelly Clarkson is decent but nothing too spetacular. The only one that really comes close to being a talented singer is Carrie Underwood.

Favorite Answer

Tamyra was the FIRST great singer/performer/artist to ever have came out of American Idol. Like Simon noted many times, she had the "complete package": looks, talent, style, showmanship, charisma, uniqueness, and THAT VOICE! Yes, Kelly was great too because she had a likeability charm in her, but vocally, Tamyra was the FIRST and BEST.

American Idol nowadays don't show performances like Tamyra's anymore: instead, you get lackluster winners like Taylor Hicks & Jordin Sparks who vocally aren't polished, vocal range doesn't shine, and especially for Jordin, a lack of showmanship and performance skills.

SO yes, to answer your question, I don't agree that Tamyra was the ONLY talented singer, but she is definitely the top 2 (with Kelly Clarkson). Here is my list:

(1) Tamyra Gray

(2) Kelly Clarkson

(3) Carrie / Fantasia

....

...

...

....

...

...

Jordin sparks

.....

.....

......

.......

.......

Taylor Hicks

• Nope, Carrie underwood, Chris Daughtry...and Kelly Clarkson

Chris Daughtry is the only person I'd buy an album from.

These people can't write music. They're stage props except Chris.

no i dont i thnk almost all the people ive seen are... carrie underwood, jordan sparks... the list goes on and on so no.

No, I don;t even have a clue who that is.