Do you think that Tamyra Gray is the only talented singer that ever came out of American Idol?

Update:

Kelly Clarkson is decent but nothing too spetacular. The only one that really comes close to being a talented singer is Carrie Underwood.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tamyra was the FIRST great singer/performer/artist to ever have came out of American Idol. Like Simon noted many times, she had the "complete package": looks, talent, style, showmanship, charisma, uniqueness, and THAT VOICE! Yes, Kelly was great too because she had a likeability charm in her, but vocally, Tamyra was the FIRST and BEST.

American Idol nowadays don't show performances like Tamyra's anymore: instead, you get lackluster winners like Taylor Hicks & Jordin Sparks who vocally aren't polished, vocal range doesn't shine, and especially for Jordin, a lack of showmanship and performance skills.

SO yes, to answer your question, I don't agree that Tamyra was the ONLY talented singer, but she is definitely the top 2 (with Kelly Clarkson). Here is my list:

(1) Tamyra Gray

(2) Kelly Clarkson

(3) Carrie / Fantasia

Jordin sparks

Taylor Hicks

• Nope, Carrie underwood, Chris Daughtry...and Kelly Clarkson

• 1 decade ago

Chris Daughtry is the only person I'd buy an album from.

These people can't write music. They're stage props except Chris.

• 1 decade ago

no i dont i thnk almost all the people ive seen are... carrie underwood, jordan sparks... the list goes on and on so no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, I don;t even have a clue who that is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.