best all round naked bike?

What is the best all round naked bike to buy(used bike,not new) in around 600-1000cc?A bike to use for commuting,touring and caning the nuts off it on a sunday.Anything from a 97 bike to an 03 bike.

best means best value for money

Best Answer

Big bores are usually better for all you mentioned.And not thrashed as much.....meaning when they are crashed they are usually totaled,not rebuildable.And not as many "kids"own them,meaning good maintenance and over-all care is better.I would suggest a big bore like the ZX-10/11.

If you're going to use a naked bike for light touring you're going to need an aftermarket windshield, unless you plan on staying on the backroads. Bikes to check out are: Kawi Z1000, Suzuki SV650/1000, Triumph speed triple, Honda 919, or Yamaha FZ6/1. All of these bikes are solid do it all machines. Some will come with half-fairings already on them so you may just have to throw a set of luggage on and go.

Suzuki Bandit followed possibly by the Honda Hornet.....both 600's.

Triumph Speed Triple is nice but I'm not so sure about using it to tour, that said......I'm not convinced about touring on any bike without a fairing.

I'd have to go with the Bandit for an all round bike that does a bit of everything and gives good value for money.

1st. Ducati S2R monster

2nd. Triumph 995i Speed Triple

3rd Suzuki Bandit 650 or SV650/1000

4th Yamaha 900 divi N

5th Bandit 1200 The mother of all creation (I'd put it higher but it's a 1200cc not under your 1000cc catagory)

Get one of the 600,620, etc ducati monsters, as many are for sale due to people trading up for larger displacemtn, though cannot say any naked bike is a good touring choice as they have no saddlebags, nor windscreens and the quarter screen does little unless you are laying on the tank (thus, naked). The reason I suggest the Ducati is they handle so damn well. Have fun.

I have had good luck with quiet a few different bikes in this senerio so I would suggest finding a bike that you are comfortable on. I let the bike pick me when shopping, I may have seen a picture and thought "thats perfect" {v-max} but when I sit on it it sucks. I may sit on a bike that I hadn't even considered {zx-10} and end up buying it. Sit on everything and buy what your body likes or you will find yourself owning a bike that sits there and looks pretty but doesn't get rode much.

There are alot I like. The Honda 919, the Triumph Bonniville or speed triple, I think MotoGuzzi has something and my favorite the BMW Rockster.

Yamaha FZ6

Yamaha V-Max

ducati monster or Triumph speed triple