Are there any online support groups for teens with depression??

For the past year and a half I've been really depressed. Last week I finally told my aunt (who I live with) how I've been feeling and she said it's just a teenage phase and I'll get over it, which is exactly how I thought she'd react. I've been hinting towards the fact that I'm depressed when I'm with my friends to see how they'll react but I can't bring myself to just come out and tell them. I know eventually I'll have to get some form of help but for now I'd be happy if I could just work up the courage to tell my friends. What I wanna know is, are there any online support groups for teens with depression that I could join until I tell my friends??

• *kwah*
    Best Answer

I don't know of any, and I'm sure there are, but I do know that this area we call "answers" has many people with excellent wisdom and experience that may help you, in your walk in general. Ask this group here some of the questions that may be troubling you, through the answers you may be able to decipher ways that will help you in gaining control over your moods. Life is wonderful. But no one said it was easy, this thing we call living. There may trials and tests that it seems we are forever going through. If we allow our selves to seek out the answers that we need to life's hard questions we'll be better members of society and at the same time broaden our thinking. There are many groups that can help, google, "sights for teens feeling depressed" I"m sure something worthwhile will come up. And then there's this sight right here.

about 5 years ago, I started to fall into a really depressive episode. At first I thought it was only because I had a bad break from a relationship but the feelings wouldn't go away even after I got a new girlfriend. It was wrecking my life until a point where it was seriously affecting my work and personal life.

She was very worried but at the same time couldn't understand why I was still sad and thought that I still couldn't let go of my previous relationship. Being the wonderful person that she is, she put aside her feelings and suggested I go for psychiatric evaluation. Many months later and even more anti-depressants, I was not coming close to being better at all.

After doing some research online, I found out the real cause as you described it really makes a lot of sense and purchased this program. The results were simply astonishing. I read this book over three times and put all words in action. Using this method, I've kept my depression at bay ever since. Up to date I'm still living happily with my girlfriend.

Depression Free Method?

I think you need to understand some things about depression. It is a word that is thrown around today quite a bit without any background knowledge.

First, there are different types of depression.

Second, teen usually have depression to a certain extent due to all of the hormonal changes and physical changes and peer pressure.

Third, much of what people experience can be dealt with by monitor thinking--are you positive or negative? Change the negative thoughts to positive ones.

Forth, there is a physical component called SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) people that don't get sunlight get depressed. They need to take Vitamin D and Calcium, watch what they eat (no sugary for junk foods) and get exercise and as much sunlight as possible (15 minutes per day).

Go to NAMI, that is the national alliance on mental illness. Once you sign on(it's free) you can go to the teen site and ask or say whatever you want. The site also has much valuable information for you too.

40000 Cured Social Anxiety : http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?ozzx

I'm not entirely sure however I know you can email the samaritans, they are really friendly and helpful.

here is another site you might try. It has alot of different forums of support.