Noise Pollution?

I Live in montreal, quebec, and i live in a big student neighberhood, im 14. They have parties all the time,and they last the hole night, which means the FREAKIN big volume for wierd techno music, and once my mirror vibrated!!!

i talked to my parents and they gave me plugs but they irritated my ears and caught in my hair...

we told the neighbors about it and they said that we should just move if we can't stand it

when we told the authoroties they always say they will take care of it, but it never stops

what am i to do? and what are the laws for those things?

Yeah...but i hate ear plugs...cause you can hear yourself think too much...i like going to sleep when it's not quite pitch dark not completly silence...a backround sound that is not so much of a sound is nice...plus passing cars in the distance is quite soothing once in a while

and, i hate the feeling of earplugs, it makes me itchy and my hair gets caught and pulls out. *ouch*

• Favorite Answer

See if your parents can replace your windows with sound proof glass. Just go to your local hardware store and ask.

In the meantime, if the ear plugs aren't doing their job, try one of those sound machines that can play the noises of a gentle rain forest or ocean waves bursting among the rocks. If you concentrate on those particular sounds, it may distract you from what's going on outside.

Go to the Party !

=D

Prolly a good time.

Oh you're 14...

Stick to the Ear Plugs =)

• melady

There are laws against noise pollution in many places. If the authorities aren't doing anything then see about talking to your city council members. Don't just accept it. You shouldn't have to.

Unfortunately they're are no laws against that.

I suggest you stick with the ear plugs my dear, sooner or later they'll get tired of partying.